Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The more i see of Berto the more he reminds of Lacy pre - Calzaghe. A lil more skill though.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Kick ass poster lance :thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rodriguez didn't even get his name on the poster. :laugh:
Haha :thumbsup:

The more i see of Berto the more he reminds of Lacy pre - Calzaghe. A lil more skill though.
Berto throws combo's and is working more on his defense in every fight. Lacy usually just through bombs. I can see the comparision because of the way they are built, but they are different in the way they fight. The only person I can see dominating berto is Floyd. But that fight will likely ( sadly ) never happen because floyd will be gone I believe by the time berto reaches the top.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Haha :thumbsup:

Berto throws combo's and is working more on his defense in every fight. Lacy usually just through bombs. I can see the comparision because of the way they are built, but they are different in the way they fight. The only person I can see dominating berto is Floyd. But that fight will likely ( sadly ) never happen because floyd will be gone I believe by the time berto reaches the top.
There similar the way they throw punches too although i agree that Berto is the better talent. its only natural though seeing they fight from the same camp.

Berto gets destroyed by Cotto, Margarito and Floyd.

I put him in the Zab, Collazo and Clottey bracket.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There similar the way they throw punches too although i agree that Berto is the better talent. its only natural though seeing they fight from the same camp.

Berto gets destroyed by Cotto, Margarito and Floyd.

I put him in the Zab, Collazo and Clottey bracket.
As of now, I can agree with that. Cotto and Floyd would certainly beat him. Margarito most likely as well. I'd pick him to beat zab collazo and clottey in very tough fights that he needs. I think berto is more 2 handed than lacy, although lacy had a decent right hand it was nothing compared to his left. I dont think dibella ( I think thats his promoter ) is dumb enough to put berto in there with someone like a joe calzaghe this early like lacy's team did.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i can't wait for this, berto has got a bright future ahead of him he's a great prospect but he's in a tough division and will have to do something a bit special to dominate it, but i mean he still young i could see it now

BERTO VS. COTTO

SOMEONE WILL LOOSE THE O
BERT OR COTT :laugh:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
i can't wait for this, berto has got a bright future ahead of him he's a great prospect but he's in a tough division and will have to do something a bit special to dominate it, but i mean he still young i could see it now

BERTO VS. COTTO

SOMEONE WILL LOOSE THE O
BERT OR COTT
:laugh:
Berto will lose the 0 and more if they put him in with Cotto

·
Registered
772 Posts
Berto will lose the 0 and more if they put him in with Cotto
yeah probably if they were put in the ring tomorrow but i'm talking in a year or 2 when berto has had a few more bouts, you can't expect too much off him at the moment he's still a prospect and has got more to learn. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Berto has had 21 fights and fought ranked guys, i dont consider him a prospect now. He will improve a little on what he is now but not a great deal. I predict right now that he'll never be on elite level. He may win a strap or two while picking up the odd defeat here and there but he'll never be top 3 in the WW division.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Berto has had 21 fights and fought ranked guys, i dont consider him a prospect now. He will improve a little on what he is now but not a great deal. I predict right now that he'll never be on elite level. He may win a strap or two while picking up the odd defeat here and there but he'll never be top 3 in the WW division.
i'd still class him as a prospect, but then there is no definition of a how many fights until you aren't a prospect anymore, there are still things he can learn, i mean there are still things that even the top fighters learn as they go.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i'd still class him as a prospect, but then there is no definition of a how many fights until you aren't a prospect anymore, there are still things he can learn, i mean there are still things that even the top fighters learn as they go.
Knowledge wise yeah, but he's not going to get much stronger or faster than he is now.

Once a fighter is about to challenge for a title i dont consider them a prospect anymore unless there like 21.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He's the #1 contender for the WBC title. You dont get anymore contender than that.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah but we both know what ratings mean. Thats saying he's ranked above cotto by the wbc and we know thats wrong. I hate all these alphabet rankings, go by the ring rankings. He barely cracks top 10 which is right.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeah but we both know what ratings mean. Thats saying he's ranked above cotto by the wbc and we know thats wrong. I hate all these alphabet rankings, go by the ring rankings. He barely cracks top 10 which is right.
Nah, he's a contender. He's not rated top 10 by the ring though.

Berto has top 10 status with all the soups, he's #1 with the WBC and #2 by the IBF. Berto will fight for a title in his next couple of fights he's defo a contender now.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I still consider him a prospect, but i can see him as a contender, I dont consider anyone a contender until they fight for a title.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
:confused: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts