Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your guys' thoughts on the older Dirrell? Where do you guys rate him as a prospect?? I personally think he has alot of potenital and could some day rule over the 168 class. He is trained by his grandfather who back in the day was a bodygaurd for Ali...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKyOnX2w1vA

your thoughts?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think Dirrell is a solid prospect. Hes looked everytime ive seen him fight , he can box well and he has decent pop.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Whats your guys' thoughts on the older Dirrell? Where do you guys rate him as a prospect?? I personally think he has alot of potenital and could some day rule over the 168 class. He is trained by his grandfather who back in the day was a bodygaurd for Ali...

YouTube - Andre Dirrell vs. Kenny Kost pt1

your thoughts?
Well in that case hes definatly gonna be a world champ :p

havent seen the guy fight enough to judge but he has potential no doubt.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alot of people say he has a similar style to mayweather and roy jones

I know floyd called him up to tell him congrats on a recent win and told him how muh potential he thinks Andre has..

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I use to like Dirrell as a prospect. I use to rank him as the second best Andre. Behind Berto. But ahead of Ward. But than he embarrassed himself as a fighter with that track meet effort on HBO against Curtis Stevens. And my opinion of him changed. It was that horrible. And he hasn't redeemed himself yet

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I use to like Dirrell as a prospect. I use to rank him as the second best Andre. Behind Berto. But ahead of Ward. But than he embarrassed himself as a fighter with that track meet effort on HBO against Curtis Stevens. And my opinion of him changed. It was that horrible. And he hasn't redeemed himself yet
That was a horrible fight

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like Andre Dirrell a lot. He is a good boxer.
A boxer that we sponsor, Bryant Perrella, has spared with him.
He said the kid has talent and being so young he will do well.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like Andre Dirrell a lot. He is a good boxer.
A boxer that we sponsor, Bryant Perrella, has spared with him.
He said the kid has talent and being so young he will do well.
Dirrell is very talented. That's pretty obvious. But he left people a bad taste in there mouth with the Stevens fight. He needs to prove that there's more to him than that

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Larry Merchant dubbed it the worst fight he's ever seen. And he has seen a lot of fights. I use to like Curtis Stevens until that fight. He should have learned how to cut off the ring.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Larry Merchant dubbed it the worst fight he's ever seen. And he has seen a lot of fights. I use to like Curtis Stevens until that fight. He should have learned how to cut off the ring.
Definitely one of the worse I ever seen... Curtis looked like crap and Dirrell looked like crap, I was extremely disappointed with the fight.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I missed the Stevens/Dirrell fight. And i havnt been able to find it on the internet. Can anyone post it up?? I know Stevens hits alot harder then Andre. Isnt it just as much Stevens fault for not cuttin the ring off and forcing Andre to exchange with him?? Wouldnt that be kinda the same tactics as Ali and Mayweather (hit and get out before he hits back)???

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Very good fighter. Defensively oriented, quick, and smart. He may be a future world champion but there's a lot left to learn about him before jumping to conclusions.

Andre Ward is fighting Ruben Williams which is his toughest opponent to date. That is going to be the kind of test Dirrel needs to pass before he get's his own threads on boxingforum.com LOL

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I missed the Stevens/Dirrell fight. And i havnt been able to find it on the internet. Can anyone post it up?? I know Stevens hits alot harder then Andre. Isnt it just as much Stevens fault for not cuttin the ring off and forcing Andre to exchange with him?? Wouldnt that be kinda the same tactics as Ali and Mayweather (hit and get out before he hits back)???
You don't want to see that fight. It was that bad. And both are to blame.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Based off the Stevens fight I would have to say Dirrell sucks. I agree I was the worst fight I've ever sat through. I havent seen Dirrell sence then and kinda dont want to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts