Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of making a Website (or a MySpace) dedicated to the life and career of Golota. Sure... most of you don't think of him as a good person or put him in a high light... but he has had a fascinating BOXING CAREER and LIFE. This is the man who could've been great. This is the man who should've beaten RIDDICK BOWE... TWICE... but decided to get himself DISQUALIFIED. This is the man who probably could've taken it to LENNOX LEWIS (in my opinion) but got smashed in ROUND 1 for some reason. This is the man who was in a the middle of a great fight against Michael Grant and had knocked him down twice... only to give up after being knocked down himself... when he really did look like he was in control. This is the man who should've been given the victory in bouts against JOHN RUIZ and CHRIS BYRD... but was not. This is the man who got knocked out by an OVERRATED BOXER called LAMON (LAME) BREWSTER in the 1st Minute of the 1st Round... and I don't know why that happened. This is the man who I reckon could've beaten any form of MIKE TYSON... but something happened that night on October 20, 2000. THIS MAN COULD'VE BEEN GREAT... GEORGE FOREMAN said so himself... "HE DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT... BUT WIN!" I look at Golota now... trying to get somewhere in the world of Professional Boxing again. Watching old footage of him (especially in those RIDDICK BOWE fights... he was dirty at times... and got DQ'D... but you have to admit... HE KICKED RIDDICK BOWE'S ASS... and I don't care what people say about RIDDICK BOWE being OVERWEIGHT for the 1st fight and UNDERWEIGHT for the 2nd fight... GOLOTA WAS BETTER... AND I SWEAR GOLOTA COULD'VE BEATEN ANYBODY IF HIS HEAD WAS RIGHT... AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SEEN HIM TAKE ON EVANDER HOLYFIELD)... GOLOTA WAS AWESOME!!! He is as slow as **** nowadays (but then again... so was GEORGE FOREMAN... escpecially in his comeback years)... but... looking in better shape than most other Heavyweights around him. His won his last 3 Bouts against Low-Par compeition (The Butterbean lookalike known as JEREMY BATES and KEVIN "I BENCH PRESS LESS THAN MY OWN WEIGHT" MCBRIDE) but he sure did school MIKE MOLLO! I'll give Golota that... and I wish him all the best! We'll use this THREAD to talk about Golota and only Golota... everything Golota goes here... PLUS... tell me about INFO that I can put in my Website/MySpace TRIBUTE to Golota! :D

NOTE: POST NUMBER 1000... YIPPEE... I RULE! AWESOME!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Golota should have been a HW champ with multiple defences behind him!

To bad he's a headcase.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup he should had been the hw champ of the world, but there is something wrong with his mental game.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yup he should had been the hw champ of the world, but there is something wrong with his mental game.

Im downloading Bowe vs Golota 1 now, ive not saw that fight for years dude. :D

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Golota has always been impressive, but he lacked in the most important category in the sport-the mental one.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Golota should have been a HW champ with multiple defences behind him!

To bad he's a headcase.
I agree 150%. He should have been a real good champ BUT he had some serious teqnical issues he couldnt overcome.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Golota's looking in pretty damn good shape... I reckon he is more than capable of beating each one of The Current World Heavyweight Champions! HOWEVER... I'd like to see him in a fight against Evander Holyfield (battle of the Jerryatrics)! If he can beat Holyfield... that's AWESOME!

·
Registered
830 Posts
He made a truly brilliant fight on the undercard of the Trinidad Jones fight....just great old time boxing style old vs young big vs small matchup:D:D

If he had half the discipline of this fight in the important part of his career at least he would have gave him self half a chance...Oh well:rolleyes:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Maybe there still some life left on the man, I think with the right team upport Golota can still make a dent in the sport

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This video I found on YOUTUBE is the best way of telling the story of Golota. It shows his best moments, his worst moments, the things that made him famous and infamous... a very good and completely honest retrospective of his whole entire career! PLUS... Metallica's Unforgiven II playing in the background perfectly suits it... CHECK IT OUT! I think it's "AWESOME"... and the ending of the video is... SPOOKY!

YouTube - Andrew Golota - Highlights & Lowlights

1 - 11 of 11 Posts