Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dicuss

The guy oozes class. What he lacks in experience he makes up for in style, exuberance, superb handspeed, size and deceptive power.

I think he is the future of the middleweight division.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Pavlik will squash him.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I really hope he warms up (and I mean alot) before ever considering fighting a guy like Pavlik.. Hes good though and Steward found him soon enough to make him a good fighter, I hope he doesnt rush.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Duddy would get hammered.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Chill with that.... Andy is still greener than Duddys trunks
Guys like Lee and Gamboa are just guys who are born to fight, they only come around every so often, thats why there both so highly ranked.

I stick by my point, Duddy would get hammered.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You don't notice major flaws in both their defenses though?

Which brings me to another point. Have you guys noticed new things with the new generation of boxers? The good prospects have weak defenses (Berto, Gamboa, Lee, ect), and power punching leftys seem to be flocking in (Andy lee, Victor Ortiz, ect).

It's like a new breed.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

Which brings me to another point. Have you guys noticed new things with the new generation of boxers? The good prospects have weak defenses (Berto, Gamboa, Lee, ect), and power punching leftys seem to be flocking in (Andy lee, Victor Ortiz, ect).

It's like a new breed.

Both fighters tend to drop there hands but when there offence is so good its a very little problem.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

It's like a new breed.
I've been screaming that for months now. They all have the same problems. Its all part of the new age of thinking. Offense in all sports is held in a brighter light than defense, so that is what younger people pay the most attention to.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
What about the new southpaw power hitting thing. You got these new southpaws standing toe to toe throwing short punches, walking down their opponents trying to knock them out.

I think boxing is going to be more exciting in the comming years. It's all going back to the old school.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
What about the new southpaw power hitting thing. You got these new southpaws standing toe to toe throwing short punches, walking down their opponents trying to knock them out.

I think boxing is going to be more exciting in the comming years. It's all going back to the old school.
I have noticed that as well, but is isn't as evident as the lack of defense. I can't really think of many prospects with solid D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.