Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anthony Mundine vs Nadar Hamdan - 2/27/08

12 rounds, for Mundine's WBA "regular" super middleweight title

Entertainment Centre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

·
Registered
297 Posts
mundine wins this no doubt about it
at this stage of his career hamden v mundine is a complete mismatch [5-6 years ago maybe a different story but probably not]
hamden is a better opponent then the argies mundine has been fighting

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate the way the WBA can have up to 4 guys laying claim to be champion, Joe Calzaghe is the WBA champion at 168, Mundine.....well, mundine is just mundine. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I really think that will be a tough fight for Mundine , only for one reason Mundine and Hamdan have known eachother for alot of years. I think that Psycholically this will play on his mind.
But still , Mundine should easily win an easy points decision .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lets get this fight out the way , and get on with Mundine / Green #2 at Lightheavy ! ... Good night Mundine !

·
Registered
142 Posts
hahahaha
if green wants to keep that belt he should stay far far away from mundine
cos the second fight will end the same if not worse for green:thumbsup:
Dont be rediculous , I am not getting into this debate again , If you want to know my thoughts look through previous posts .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mundine should man up and fight Kessler after this.
It wouldnt be a bad rematch if these two lined up again. they have both improved since the last fight , but I think Kesslers power will still be too much for Mundine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anthony Mundine has defeated Nader Hamdan in a unanimous points decision in tonight's WBA Super Middleweight title fight in Sydney.

While his un-fancied opponent proved a tough nut to crack, Hamdan never really threatened the former Rugby League star who improved his record to 31-3.

Hamdan backed up the claim he was well prepared for the fast-punching Mundine and lived up to his nickname, 'The Lionheart,' by going the distance with 'The Man.'

But Hamdan ultimately lacked fire-power, allowing Mundine to retain his belt on points.

the judges scores were
120- 108
117- 111
119- 109

·
Registered
297 Posts
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Anthony Mundine retained his WBA super middleweight title Wednesday with a unanimous points decision over fellow Australian Nader Hamdan.
Mundine, 32, improved to 31-3 with 23 knockouts since turning his back on a high-profile rugby league career to follow in the footsteps of his father, Tony Mundine, and become a professional
boxer.
Hamdan had won 40 of his previous 45 fights, including 18 by knockout. He went the full 12 rounds with Mundine, but was well behind on all three judges cards (120-108; 117-111; 119-109).
«Nader 'Lionheart' Hamdan. He gave me a great performance,» said Mundine, who calls himself 'The Man.
«Once again the critics who said it was a mismatch, you all saw a great fight,» he said. «I thought it was going to go 12 rounds. He prepared like never before and he wasn't coming in with the mindset of being stopped.

Mundine opened a cut under Hamdan's eye in the seventh round and dominated toward the end of the bout.
It was Mundine's second title defense since overcoming an eye infection that caused him to lose sight temporarily in his left eye and sidelined him for six months. In the first, he knocked out Argentine Jose Alberto Clavero in a bout heavily criticized for being so lopsided.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts