24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anthony Mundine vs. Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas,

June 27 - 12 rounds at At Broadbeach, Australia

WBA "regular" light heavyweight title at stake

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mundine fighting bums i see:laugh: I cant believe Aussies think this guy can beat Calzaghe. Mundine will probably win this whenever he wants too. Interesting though, its for a LHW title?:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Mundine fighting bums i see:laugh: I cant believe Aussies think this guy can beat Calzaghe. Mundine will probably win this whenever he wants too. Interesting though, its for a LHW title?:confused:
Dont believe it mate. Most Australians hate mundine. We all know hes a show pony and his fights are gay. The media trys to make him look good but the Australian public dont buy it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:

it's WBA SMW title, im pretty sure. Calzaghe has never fought bums? it will be an easy fight for him but it is just a stepping stone fight for a big one after this, and yeh i honestly think he along with kessler are quite capable of beating calzaghe, im sure it would be a great fight

·
Registered
54 Posts
Scarface said:
Dont believe it mate. Most Australians hate mundine. We all know hes a show pony and his fights are gay. The media trys to make him look good but the Australian public dont buy it.

Most australians do hate him and that was before he even got in the ring but the australians who like boxing really appreciate the fact he is so new to the sport or started with out any real experience and is such a natural, and the media make him look good? mate the media mostly have negative things to say about him only very recently there on his side

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tysonjones said:
kessler has a chance to beat calzaghe, mundine............i dont think so.
Yep, il concede Kessler does have a CHANCE, but i dont think Mundine has a prayer of beating Calzaghe.. not even a puncher's chance.

it's WBA SMW title, im pretty sure. Calzaghe has never fought bums? it will be an easy fight for him but it is just a stepping stone fight for a big one after this, and yeh i honestly think he along with kessler are quite capable of beating calzaghe, im sure it would be a great fight
Calzaghe has fought some bums, but come on, not at this stage. Manfredo was hyped by the media, nobody thought he was THAT bad. Mundine is supposed to be the next big thing at SMW according to some guys, and hes wasting his time on some complete nobody. Reid, Woodhall, Lacy, Manfredo, Eubank, Veit.. twice Mundine has fought opponents of their level, and twice he got whooped.

Yep, he does fight kinda gay. He seems to be scared of getting hit sometimes in the ring. Probably because he knows he has a china chin:laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
couldnt have said it better myself. Mundine has never impressed me, calzaghe has, and so has kessler. Im starting to think that calzaghe will beat kessler more and more but i will still say that kessler has a better change than anyone right now, except for maybe jermain taylor ( although he hasnt looked great as of recently )

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
jahobe said:
yes, calzaghe has fought bums, he never lost to them though (sven ottke) :rolleyes:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to americans, like me, most of the british guys are bums, no offense, the competition over there isnt like it is in american. Calzaghe has fought alot of good competition though. and tommy's right, he hasnt lost in 42 fights, thats just something in itself. but to find that opposition , they have to come to american, like hatton is doing and like prince did.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
to americans, like me, most of the british guys are bums, no offense, the competition over there isnt like it is in american. Calzaghe has fought alot of good competition though. and tommy's right, he hasnt lost in 42 fights, thats just something in itself. but to find that opposition , they have to come to american, like hatton is doing and like prince did.
it doesn't matter where the fights held.

hatton could be fighting at wembley stadium next, thats gonna be 60.000 fans at that fight, can floyd,cotto,mosley get a 60.000 crowd anywhere in america?

i think not.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I know the Americans tend to think "If you havent fought in the US, your a bum" i think most guys are used to that. But to be honest, i dont blame alot of the Brit guys for not going over there. Hatton has done a good job on JLC, and the American HBO commentators just ripped the **** out of him.

I liken Calzaghe's opponents in his reign as SMW champ as very similiar to Hopkins opponents when he held the MW title. Not many world-beaters there, however there is very good fighters that are under-estimated. And before you all jump on the Hopkins bandwagon, the only major fighters he fought were undersized MWs.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol tommy i never questioned his drawing power. boxing is bigger in other countries than here in the us.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
lol tommy i never questioned his drawing power. boxing is bigger in other countries than here in the us.
it doesn't seem that way from where we are lance.

infact, with PPV records just being broken in the states it seems theres a whole lot of boxing fans there, probably about the same percentage as we have over here.

plus americas about a billion times bigger than GB and has around a zillion more people living there, the top fighters there still couldn't get 60.000, they'd struggle to get 30.000.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
even if that is true. just because the amount of people that are crazy about hatton, doesnt make him the best out there. Oscar had the world on his back, but he still lost. time will tell how great hatton will be. i think he's already a step ahead of prince hamed.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
There are so many big names here though Tommy. UFC is the big deal right now to be completely honest. Not very many people want to pay fifty bucks to watch a fight here. It sucks but it is true. I can see why over there Hatton/Calzaghe get so much support. There isn't a PPV fight on every saturday night there asking you for another fifty bucks so when they fight it is a big deal. Also, you guys get a lot of our fifty dollar fights for free. That is awesome.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
There are so many big names here though Tommy. UFC is the big deal right now to be completely honest. Not very many people want to pay fifty bucks to watch a fight here. It sucks but it is true. I can see why over there Hatton/Calzaghe get so much support. There isn't a PPV fight on every saturday night there asking you for another fifty bucks so when they fight it is a big deal. Also, you guys get a lot of our fifty dollar fights for free. That is awesome.
boxing even being PPV in america proves how popular it is, over here it has to be a lewis v tyson type fight for it to be PPV.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Boxing as a sport isnt that popular over here, its just certain boxers. I mean, Calzaghe, Hatton, Hamed and Lewis guys like that are real popular over here... but thats because there WINNERS! You see how many Brits know British champions like Colin Lynes, Tony Oakey, Carl Froch etc and id say about 95% of people wont have a clue. Boxing isnt the draw here, its more the fighters like Hatton that are the draw.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts