25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antonio Margarito v Paul Williams.

12 rounds, Wbo welterweight title.

15/07/07

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I hope Williams wins. have a feeling margy's experience will play a part but the other part of me says williams will expose all of margaritos flaws that us HATERS see. Wiliams has the advantage of faster hands and probabley better stamina. Margy has power and experience. I think we are in for a treat that night on hbo, all 3 fights.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
anyone want to take a 5 k bet , i got williams? oh and a little more info about this fight, and this is a correction from another post i have made, margy has fought 3 southpaws in his career. he has lost to 2 of them. They were both awkward like williams.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yea you can when the biggest name on it is an old Mitchell.

·
Registered
149 Posts
williams will outspeed, outsharp shoot margerhito. just like Adamek. Margy wasn't really impressive with the last fight I saw him (clottey). Too bad, I would have wanted to see him f *&^ up Floyd. It'll eventually be William's pleasure to do that.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree that williams will be to much for margarito but floyd is still in another level than margy. The more and more i watch these up and coming very good fighters, the more i see mayweather finding their mistakes and making them pay big time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol im looking forward to watching this. I watched Williams-Pakau just yesterday, it was hard to judge Williams against a guy who took the fight on 24-hours notice but he looked impressive. In 5 and abit rounds he threw like 680 punches landing over 300. Margarito tends to put up similiar compubox numbers so this should be one hell of an entertaining fight.

I cant see Williams KOing Margy though, Margy has a very good chin, and from what i watched of Williams he doesnt have alot of pop in the punches. Pakau has like 1 week to prepare for the fight, and after 310 punches landed he was still able to fight.. the ref stopped it. Margy has the power and the chin advantage, but i think Williams is as good or better than Margy in all the other areas. Im still sticking by Margarito though..

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i just hope margy has a better chin than pakau. Because he took a beating. and i know pakau isnt that good of a fighter at all, but he did have a ehll of a chin.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think that Margarito will be harder to hit and have a good enough chin. Williams doesnt seem to hit that hard, but could stop guys late from accumulative punches.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
dont be fooled by his performance against pakau, williams hits pretty damn hard. i'd say he gets alot of leverage behidn his punches which usually generates power ( actually always generates power ). I think margy will be just as easy to hit as pakau with the only difference being margy will fight back. Its gonna be war. we all know it. It couldnt be anything less. The best man will win and the best man will get credit. Oh god i hope its williams.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts