Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 16 and just recently took up boxing and been training for the past 2 weeks , am very dedicated to the sport and hoping to stay healthy , but also aqquire a lean muscular body .
Ny1 with any good advice on how to acheive this would be much appreciated ,

thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Boxing and MMA Nutrition .. St. Louis

im 16 and just recently took up boxing and been training for the past 2 weeks , am very dedicated to the sport and hoping to stay healthy , but also aqquire a lean muscular body .
Ny1 with any good advice on how to acheive this would be much appreciated ,

thank you
I highly recommend to any boxer or MMA fighter to check out TESTOSTERONE NATION | The World's Fastest Growing Nation of Bodybuilding and Strength Training Enthusiasts

I get loads of info from those guys.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I highly recommend to any boxer or MMA fighter to check out TESTOSTERONE NATION | The World's Fastest Growing Nation of Bodybuilding and Strength Training Enthusiasts

I get loads of info from those guys.

LOL, stay away from those idiots and that site all together marc.

Kappap, don't come in here recommending other sites for people to go get advise from when you can't answer the question yourself, especially sites like that, get outta here:thumbsdown:.

Marc: Lean muscle can be developed most efficiently imo by training with therabands and resistance tubing, it will also make you stronger and faster. Try shadow boxing with some resistance tubing, it works wonders.

·
Registered
212 Posts
LOL, stay away from those idiots and that site all together marc.

Kappap, don't come in here recommending other sites for people to go get advise from when you can't answer the question yourself, especially sites like that, get outta here:thumbsdown:.

Marc: Lean muscle can be developed most efficiently imo by training with therabands and resistance tubing, it will also make you stronger and faster. Try shadow boxing with some resistance tubing, it works wonders.
yeah resistance training is great. Do that and body weight workouts ( pushups, pull ups, dips ) and u'll get stronger. Also take some whey protein after you work out, this will help ur muscles grow and repair faster. I take Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, most people say its the best protein out there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
burn baby, burn

Burn more calories than you eat. Consume lots of protein and fewer carbs. Lifting with the big muscles (squats, deadlifts, etc) makes you both powerful and more lean. The boxer's workout, itself, will surely lean you out. Work hard at it. My trainer pushes me to the limit with it and I'm down 20 pounds and looking good :eek: and I'm over 40. At your age you should get great results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts