Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I´m new to this forum and it seems like a good place. I was wondering if there are any trainers here. Since i´m a trainer myself it would be fun to share and exchange experiences and trainingroutines.
All the best my friends
The Predator

·
Registered
36 Posts
Predator, I guess you can call me a part time trainer. I work in the oil fields full time. I've been asked to run the boxing program at a MMA/Boxing gym. I find a lot of resistant to boxing from the MMA crowd. The funny thing is I teach some of their better MMA fighters boxing techiques. The only thing they learn from there coaches are the old 123. They have no idea about shovel hooks, check hooks, uppercuts, slips and counters, how to punch in a clinch, etc. I'm 50 and I have faster hands than all of them. I would think that fast hands in MMA would really be a big asset. I never see them working on it. Do you coach MMA also? I really miss the good old days of just boxing. Now I have to complete with MMA just to get kids interested. I would have a boxing gym but I am not able to afford it. So what do you have going??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi old school.
Nice to hear from you. I´m 42 and i just train them in ordinary boxing. My team of fighters was trained before by a very limited trainer, they didn´t even knew you could throw an upercut with your jab arm. A lot of new stuff to teach them. I work on a boxingclub here, but for free and I would like to have my own gym cause of the old trainers spoil the training for the guys and girls with their limited knowledge.
Sounds very interesting with the MMA, I also noticed that more people are into that than boxing and that is a shame for us that really like boxing. But we have to keep it up. I would like to change training ideas and stuff, chat would be interesting but otherwise, we could do it through this. Let me know if you would be interested.
All the best
the predator

·
Registered
36 Posts
Predator, I have no problem talking to you about boxing but do not know how to get around in this website so that my info would be secure. I have stuff that I want to bounce off another trainer. For instance my uncle fought pro back in the late 1920's and I remember my dad and uncle talking about training. There is a lot of cool stuff that was done back in the day. I teach my young guns these old tricks and they get a kick out of it. I have a lot of dvd's: mastering the mitts, proper sparring, lessons on light bag. Dempsey's Championship Fighting is the best boxing book I read. I actually downloaded it from the internet. The book would cost you over $300 on ebay. As you see I still study the Sweet Science. Anyway I am interested if you can find a way.

Old School

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again old school.
Sounds great that you would be interested. We could do it over chat, like MSN if you have that we could chat through that way. Would be very interesting and fun to help each other and share ideas and trainingtips. So your uncle fought pro! I would like to hear more about that as well.
You could send me a personal message with your e-mail so we could start that way or just sign up a new e-mail and I can help you with the MSN, but still send it as a personal message to me it might be more secure. Just click on The Predator above my avatar and you find it.
I look forward to your answer.
All the best
The predator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts