Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, who's all throwing some money down on the Derby this weekend. I'm putting up $50-60. I pick 4 horses I like and then bet a bunch of exacta's with em. I'll also make a few $2 bets on a few long shots just in case.

I won $400 two years ago on the derby. I love it. it's a nervous and intense 2 min. anyone else like betting the ponies??

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I used to work at a track and still talk to a lot of the trainers and they are pretty good at picking the races. I won a **** load off of pretty much every Curlin race. Why is that horse not in the derby this year?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to work at a track and still talk to a lot of the trainers and they are pretty good at picking the races. I won a **** load off of pretty much every Curlin race. Why is that horse not in the derby this year?
I think the Debry is a 2 year olds race. I think Curlin is too old now. As far as I know a hose can only compete in the derby one year because of this rule.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good luck fellas. I really need pyro or big brown to finish 1st or 2nd with a longshot. I could def see a longshot coming in on this one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I've learned a lot about this in the past24 hours. No horse has ever won from the 20 spot, where Big Brown will be starting. I'm big on Pyro though.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I hit the exacta. I had it boxed though which will only pay half. it paid $70. I only made $10 but sure as heck beats throwing away $60.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts