Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is ben and i am 12 years of age. i am joining the boxing community here in LA. this is my diet so far...

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs with milk.

Lunch: Tofu Salad and something with it.

Dinner: A type of meat.

What should i eat?

Remembver im only 12...

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
For protein: white meat chicken (I think its the breast not exactly sure though any part with white meat will do, but I would put it on the GF grill or skillet with vegetables and no oil, sometimes butter or soy sauce), Fish (especially tuna which is cheap and contains plenty of protein and is low in fat), egg whites (when you make scrambled eggs use the whites, I would throw in 1 yolk), protein bars and shakes.

Snacks: protein, cereal, and breakfast bars, fruits (bananas the best), cereal, peanut butter (throw jelly or marshmellow on it, no real harm) sandwich, take these with a glass of milk 2% or under and you will be good.

Carbs for lunch: pasta, rice, bread, vegetables (potatoes, plantains, etc.)

This one helped me with my technique when I started: Stickgrappler's Martial Arts Archives - Frank Benn Index page

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
It sounds good but since your only 12, you should eat more imo.
That's the same thing I thoug :laugh:

Do u know any websites that teach me jabs and stuff? "Bsides "Expert Village" lol)
Buddy no web site can teach you how to box, you have to get some one with pasience to teach you, in other words you learn by doing and repeating over and over again until you have it master in technique,speed, and power , it takes a while to learn how to box, but it won't take long to find out weather your made for it or not....

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Another thing is that if your not un-usually over weight for your age than you should'nt concern with a diet at all, as a growing 12 year old your still growing and need to eat a good diet of a little of every thing lots of milk,cereal, fruits ,vegetables, fish, meat, rice chiken,water, eggs to help you develop strong muscles,joints and bones.
A good nutrition, good work out routine, and good rest will eventually help you become the athlete that you want to be good luck......

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I forgot to add , stay away from candy, junk food, soda pop, and most of all my friend and I hope your paying attention (STAY AWAY FROM CIGARRETS,ALCOHOL AND ENERGY DRINKS AND MOST OF ALL DRUGS NOT ONLY WILL THEY KILL YOU AND YOUR DREAMS BUT THEY DO IT SLOWLY) hope you understand my meaning....if you dont, ask your parents, they will take the time to explain things in detail good luck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts