Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It's already the fourth round of the Williams-Quintana fight. I can do the round by round starting round 5. So far Quintana has been landing bombs on Williams and I have him winning 2 of the first 3 rounds. Williams seems to be having a lot of trouble with Quintanas footwork, and his defense is very "lacking".

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 5... Quintana starts out with a huge left hook that lands. He's out boxing Williams.. landing his right hook very easily and landing short uppercuts on the inside.. Williams comes back lands a 3 punch combo. They are holding on the ropes... Quintana really getting the better of this round so far... Williams trying to land that jab but it's not landing. Quintana trying to put in some body work. Moving side to side is Quintana and it seems to be too much for Williams...

Round to Quintana easily.. I'm suprised.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 6.. Williams looking to land his jab and straight left but it's not landing, Quintana holds and trys to work the body. WIlliams throws and lands a hard left. Quintana moves away along the ropes. Williams applying pressure on Quintana, and being effective. But quintana is landing good shots over the top.WOW quintana is landing bombs again... but now WIlliams works williams the ja and controls the tempo of the round and lands a nice combo at the end of the round.. Quintana trying to hold, looks a little tired...

But this round goes to Williams... Quintana is winning though

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 7, Wiliams starts the round with a couple nice jobs... Quintana seems a little winded and is now taking more shots (jabs). Wiliams is throwing nice jabs to the body and just landed a nice left cross that landed flush on a tirering quintana.. sorry for the bad spelling im typing real fast by the way. QQuintana is holding, trying to work the body... But williams is getting the better of it now. Quintana seems unable to land his big left hand bombs like he was early in the fight. He's throwing a little lazier now. WOW williams is now comming back hard at the end of this round. Round to williams...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 8... They size eachother up.. Quintana looking straight up lands a nice left hand.. but not fluch. .. Williams working the jab effectivley and quintana jumps in with lazy lefts and trys to hold on, but williams is getting the better of it.. and rhyem is on Williams side.

NOw quintnaa is controlling the ring... He's working the body, and is landing some nice shots over the top. Wililams comes back in the last 10 seconds with a nice combo..

I give that round to quintana though.. tougher round to score..

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 9... They come out and clinch.. Williams is now cut ion the left eye right below the eye brawl. Williams landing shots.. WOW Quintana lands a nice left hook. Both fighters looking more poised now.... Quintana landing some nice right jooks now. Quintana has been handing the nicest shots this round.... He's landing flush shots like he was in the earlier part of the round. Quintana wins this round on my scorecard.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 10... Willimas starts the round with a few nice jabs. They box each other at the middle of the ring. Quintana lands a nice left over the top. But williams insists on boxing and landing the jab more succesfully. They trade shots at !:38 and then clinch.. Quintana now landing NICCE shots with that left... But wiliams comes back and shows him this isn't a done. This round is a closer one and i'd give it to Williams because he did the most work. Quintana is landing the nicer, cleaner shots though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 11... Both fighters start quickly oth landing nice shots but once again Quintana getting the better of it.Neither fighters landing anything effective but Williams is landing more, HOwever quintana is landing the BOMBS... and at the last 30seconds of the round he land two big left hand shots... This fight is CLOSE!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Round 12.. Williams comes out looking a littel discoraged and Quintana looking like he did round 1. Both fighters boxing eachother... quintana is circling williams trying to pot shot and occasionaly landing with clean shots.. WIlliams jab is dictating the pace though. Quintana circling williams like he thinks he has this fight in the bag.. at 46 seconds left williams jumps on quintana but to no avial.. NOw both fighets try to trade in the last 20 seconds... Williams is the WAYY more agressor this round and ends the last 10 seconds with a nice flury as quintana shells up in the corner.. ROund to WIlliams..

Very close fight... very interesting... very difficult to score..

Quintana has impressed me tonight. But i don't know who won on my scorecard.. i have to count it.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I had it 115-113 for Quintana. What a shock. I lost some friggin points on that one ya'll

1 - 20 of 39 Posts