Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the documentary that I have in my sig called Bigger Faster Stronger? It was shown at the Sundance film festival this year and for anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's about the large percentage of professional athletes and Olympians who have and are using Steriods. For anyone who is an athlete themselves, I recommend you checking it out, it's very interesting. 90% of the info is what I try to explan to people and most of the time they just want to believe it. It's a pretty good film and actually kinda funny. They had a two day showing at a local theatre, so I decided to check it out. If anyone saw it, please tell me what you thought.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I actually saw it a while back and started a thread about it. Glad you started another cause I highly recommend anyone watch it that thinks they know anything about steroid usage in sports.

Original thread-
http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-forum-lounge/5649-steroids-documentary.html
cool, glad someone saw it. for the most part it was very well done. the only thing I would of liked was if they took Jose Canseco's estimate that 80% of major leaguers have used or are using steriods right now and actully showed you what number that comes out to. it's pretty staggering. I know Gary Shefield estimated it's somewhere around 10 players per team.

It hurts some people to hear this but MANY boxing world champions have taken them and many top ten fighters right now are on them.you know, I don't understand why people wanna critize guys like Roy Jones, Holyfield, or Shane Mosely when there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they have went up against opponents who were on them as well. give it a rest. they do what they have too to be the best. the same thing their opponents are doing so maybe someday they can be the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.