Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide if it's worth it to pick up one of the newer HD camcorders as they are becoming more affordable. Ill be using it for recording fights amongst other things, but Im a little corncerned. I've heard that there isnt much in the way of software to work with HD recordings on the computer.

That aside, if any of you have had good or bad experiences with certain brands/models or if you have any recommendations speak up. :confused:

Right now im considering the Sony Handycam HDR-HC3.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the response. I didnt even notice the reply on there. Yeah I was looking at that model as well. The HC3/HC5/HC7 and also the Canon HV20.

I liked the feel, build quality and features of the Sony HC5 but it was about $165 more, so I ended up picking up the Canon HV20 today over at Best Buy. It was on sale for $165 off regular price. If the two were the same dough, I probably would have gone for the Sony, but I'm happy. The new Canon HV20 records in 1080i High Definition and 24p. The Sony is also 1080i but no 24p.
I'm planning on recording by friends next fight this upcoming weekend so hopefully I'll have some footage to post up.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah me too. Hopefully the video editing isnt a royal pain in the ass. I've never owned a comcorder before so Im not really sure what Im up against as far as that goes. Bu tthe timing was goo d cause my digital camera just died on me :(

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I recently just got a 50 inch HD plasma tv and i got my hd reciever in today through satelitte and it looks freakin awesome. My old dvd recorder doesnt work though with it for some reason. can anyone point me in the direction of a good/reliable/user friendly hd dvd recorder for a reasonable price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts