• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The US Open Golf Thread

OK, firstly I don't claim to know everything there is to know about golf. But I watch most major sports and I like watching the majors and other events on the PGA Tour like the The Players Championship. Who you picking for it?

Also is anyone watching the Twenty20 Cup? Am I alone? :laugh: Who you picking for that?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cricket sucks:laugh: Ermm for the US Open you kind of have to go with Woods, but im expecting Westwood/Casey to be there or there abouts at the end.
What? Is that because it's always dull in Leeds? :laugh: Cricket rules man, nothing better than a Test Match :thumbsup: :D

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i don't like golf at all, and i don't really follow cricket. tbh with you, i was thinking wait a minute, wasn't the french open just like last week ago. then i opened the thread and saw you was talking about golf and not cricket.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't like golf at all, and i don't really follow cricket. tbh with you, i was thinking wait a minute, wasn't the french open just like last week ago. then i opened the thread and saw you was talking about golf and not cricket.
I watch Tennis obsessively as well :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Never watched cricket but it stinks. I guess its like baseball is over in the US. People either really like it or really hate it. As far as golf goes, I can't watch it on tv unless I'm laying down for a nap but I love to go out and get drunk and play :thumbsup:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I'm really amazed at how tough a test they made Torrey Pines. that coruse is a cake walk when it has it's regualr PGA tour event every year. I'm saying Woods will probably win it but I won't hold my breath. My dark Horse bet is Stuart Appleby. That cat has more game than anyone will ever know.

Remember, I am the golf pro. I have spoken. :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I always have a 10 spot on Monty with the majors. He's cost me a fortune. :laugh:

Woods has 7 wins from his last 7 events there i beleive. He'll be there on the final day.

Ernie Els is my pick as of now. Luke Donald is playing very good just now too though.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol man, i care very little about international cricket.. i have absolutely no knowledge of the domestic league:laugh: Yorkshire suck at everything though, so its not surprise:laugh:
Haha I've received a lot of hostility over being a fan of the cricket :dunno: :laugh:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know why but i fancied Westwood from the start. You have to make Woods the favourite though.
Obviously I like Westwood and always think he'll do well, but Woods is always a favorite. I didn't mention Stuart Appleby either, he's looked good, but sometimes it's better not to lead, and instead make a late charge ie. Woods :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts