Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it was a rather funny title but my hometown boy got his ass whipped in a title bout.

WBA cruiserweight world champion Firat Arslan (29-3-1, 18 KOs) scored a one-sided twelve round unanimous decision over #14 rated Darnell 'The Ding-a-ling Man' Wilson (23-7-3, 20 KOs) on Saturday night at the Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart, Germany. Arslan pressed the action from the opening bell, but both were cautious early on. Wilson upped the output in round two and Arslan did likewise in round three. Arslan's pressure pushed Wilson back as he appeared to be imposing his will. Rounds five and six were dominated by the champion, as Wilson mostly had no answers. With chances of a points win seemingly disappearing, the "Ding-A-Ling Man" started looking for a KO as the bout progressed, winging big shots in the eighth. Arslan responded in a punishing ninth round. Arslan landed almost at will in the tenth and went on to win handily by scores of 117-111, 117-111, 117-111.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
No surprises here. Wilson just aint that good.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Ding posts on another forum and comes across as a real cool dude, but he has alot to work on and i think its too late.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I actually saw the fight on some german channel.

Darnell realised that he needed the knockout early and was looking for that one punch all night.

Arslan aint that good either.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Arslan has been touted as a future Maccarinelli opponent. Enzo would have beat both these club fighters at the same time the other night.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That left hand was a belter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts