Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from fightnews.

Unbeaten IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (24-0, 19 KOs) may be headed to the United States for his next fight after his spectacular knockout of mandatory challenger Khoren Gevor on Saturday in Berlin. "We´ll speak about the next fight once he is back from his well-deserved vacation," promoter Wilfried Sauerland said. "It can well be that he will make a few appearances in America soon. HBO has been monitoring him ever since he had fought on the Klitschko undercard in Dortmund back in April 2005." No matter where he´ll fight next, the 27-year-old Abraham has set the bar high. "I want to be super-champion in the middleweight division and beat Taylor [who currently holds the WBC/WBO belts]. Whenever I have a goal, I can´t put my mind at rest before I have accomplished it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It was a tough fight," Abraham said in regard to the war with Gevor, but whoever wants to take my belt away from me must be punished....He is a tough guy with a big heart, however, I can´t cope with defeats - I always want to win. It´s a question of honor." Abraham's trainer Ulli Wegner stated "It was a great fight and both really showed their big hearts. I was impressed how many shots Gevor could take. Arthur is the strongest puncher in the middleweight division and he landed some very powerful shots." After the bout, Gevor was taken directlty to the hospital for observation. "Congratulations to Abraham," Gevor's trainer Fritz Sdunek said. "He is a strong champion. Everything went according to plan for us but only until the sixth round when Khoren stopped moving. It was not very healthy for him to take so many shots. I thought of stopping the fight after the eighth and during the tenth but he wanted to continue." Abraham will now enjoy a two-week break at the Cote D´Azur

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think AA has the game to beat either taylor or pavlik. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Abraham is a damn good fighter, this guy will give Pavlik or Taylor a hell of a fight. Hes got an iron jaw, alot of heart and hits very hard.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
AA is one German I have alot of respect for. He can compete with the elite at 160 and still do 8 rounds with a broken jaw, fairplay!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thepowerdavies said:
AA is one German I have alot of respect for. He can compete with the elite at 160 and still do 8 rounds with a broken jaw, fairplay!
AA is the only german i have respect for, well, since that hitler guy anyway. :D

just kiddin guys. :p

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
TommyGunn said:
AA is the only german i have respect for, well, since that hitler guy anyway. :D

just kiddin guys. :p
Does Abraham still have the gorgeous chick with him and does he still wear the smurf hat ??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Abraham is as tough as they come and a heavy hitter. Don't know if he'd beat JT or Pavlik but I'd love to see him try. His win over Edison Miranda was sensational. Huge heart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.