Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abraham wins after losing the first 3 rounds. He wins via fourth round tko. He now targets a fight with pavlik and oscar delahoya

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Abraham promises punishment! Fight News.com

Friday, June 13 2008

"Greetings from your king, I will punish you again," says IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham to June 21 foe Edison Miranda in a video produced by his promoter. To see the full two-and-a-half minute video, click here. Abraham and Miranda will meet in a twelve round rematch contested at a catchweight of 166 pounds live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

As a must-see prelude to their much anticpated rematch, SHOWTIME will present Abraham-Miranda I for the first time on U.S. television on June 16th and 19th on SHO2 and June 21 on SHOWTIME. Miranda (30-2, 26 KOs), long known as one of the most feared punchers in boxing, broke Abraham’s jaw with vicious shots to the head early in that bout and blood flowed steadily from Abraham’s mouth until the final bell. Miranda, fighting on Abraham’s home turf in Germany, lost five points for low blows and head-butts. Abraham, (26-0, 21 KOs) the current IBF middleweight champion, survived the brutal injury to win a decision by five, six and seven points respectively on the judges scorecards to retain his title.

"In all my life as a boxing fan, and as a producer for more than 20 years, I have never seen anything like it," said David Dinkins Jr., executive producer of SHOWTIME Sports telecasts, of Abraham’s broken jaw. "For a guy to fight through that kind of injury and win is truly remarkable. There’s some unfinished business here. I am really looking forward to seeing them go at it again."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AA wins a clear UD.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Abraham UD

Miranda is crap
You mean Abraham is crap. At least Miranda has stiffer competition, while Abraham is playing the baby in his crib in Germany. Abraham doesn't deserve to be called a champion, he's a pretender.

G

·
You mean Abraham is crap. At least Miranda has stiffer competition, while Abraham is playing the baby in his crib in Germany. Abraham doesn't deserve to be called a champion, he's a pretender.
No, I meant Miranda is crap. Abraham isn't great but he is the better boxer. The fight is at 166 so that suits Miranda, but I think Abraham will be strong at that weight too. Miranda needs all the help he can get, Abraham beat his ass with his jaw broken in two places.

If it's half as good as the first fight I'll be happy.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Arthur Abraham is the better boxer, and certainly the more confident one. He is coming out of seven title defenses, even if the only real contender among them was Edison Miranda. Abraham has real guts too. It's not a small thing to win a fight on a broken jaw; just ask Muhammad Ali!

Miranda, by contrast, has lost 2 of his 3 big fights. However, he is certainly the more rugged, powerful fighter. While there is no title on the line, this might be Miranda's last big chance. Seriously: where does his career go after losing 3 of his 4 big fights? He'll become a gatekeeper at supper middleweight; it will be that much harder for him to break into title contention. Miranda is unquestionably the hungrier fighter.

In my mind, the only reason Abraham won the last fight is because of all the points Miranda lost for fouling. However, by the same token, it's not like this was Sven Ottke, where Miranda lost points simply for throwing hard punches. Miranda might be German, but in the Miranda fight anyway, I neither saw nor have heard the same cries of "dirty ref" that regularly accompanied Ottke's fights.

There are just too many variables, and I only call fights that I'm sure of :dunno: But I'm looking forward to it.

·
Banned
100 Posts
What is with some of you people?

What is with you people? Miranda was not robbed in the last bout. He was lucky he wasn't disqualified for the flagrant headbutt in the 5th. While the subsequent low blows weren't right on Abraham's package, they were below the belt and therefore illegal. Miranda put on a thorough and obvious dirty show, the kind of thing that B-Hop would be ashamed of because it was so flagrant :laugh:. Yeah, he lost the fight because of all the points deducted, but so what? He should have been disqualified, so either way Miranda loses.

The only way, shape, or form Miranda won that first bout was in the demented imaginings of one who apparently think boxing is the same thing as MMA. I think that Miranda lost on point deductions makes the rematch exciting, but in no way does that mean I think Miranda won.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
What is with you people? Miranda was not robbed in the last bout. He was lucky he wasn't disqualified for the flagrant headbutt in the 5th. While the subsequent low blows weren't right on Abraham's package, they were below the belt and therefore illegal. Miranda put on a thorough and obvious dirty show, the kind of thing that B-Hop would be ashamed of because it was so flagrant :laugh:. Yeah, he lost the fight because of all the points deducted, but so what? He should have been disqualified, so either way Miranda loses.

The only way, shape, or form Miranda won that first bout was in the demented imaginings of one who apparently think boxing is the same thing as MMA. I think that Miranda lost on point deductions makes the rematch exciting, but in no way does that mean I think Miranda won.
I thought Miranda won by TKO since he shouldn't have been able to go on with the broken jaw. And before deductions are made, one should at least have a couple of warnings before the ref jacked Miranda's score by 5 pts. I think Miranda won, and I don't even like MMA (except Kimbo :laugh:). Just my opinion...and nobody said that boxing was a clean sport either

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
No, I meant Miranda is crap. Abraham isn't great but he is the better boxer. The fight is at 166 so that suits Miranda, but I think Abraham will be strong at that weight too. Miranda needs all the help he can get, Abraham beat his ass with his jaw broken in two places.

If it's half as good as the first fight I'll be happy.
Miranda is by far from being crap, he's a contender.

·
Banned
100 Posts
I thought Miranda won by TKO since he shouldn't have been able to go on with the broken jaw. And before deductions are made, one should at least have a couple of warnings before the ref jacked Miranda's score by 5 pts. I think Miranda won, and I don't even like MMA (except Kimbo :laugh:). Just my opinion...and nobody said that boxing was a clean sport either
No major organization require a referee to issue warnings before deducting points. In the case of flagrant head butting, rabbit punching, low blows, biting, or eye gouging I would say deducting points should be an automatic penalty, and continued fouling should result in a DQ. These things are in now way like the typical warning from a ref about hitting on the belt or holding too much. Especially awful behavior can result in instant disqualification. Everyone knows the rules before getting in the ring.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts