Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

There is more money on the table for a potential fight with IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham, facing off in a unification bout with countryman Felix Sturm, the WBA champion. The first offer given to Sturm was $1.5 Euro, but there now appears to be $2.5 Euro on the table.

Abraham needs to gets past his mandatory defense on Saturday night against Raul Marquez. A fight with Sturm is one of the biggest that can be made in Germany.

"The fans in Germany have a right to know who is the best," Abraham said.

Universum head Klaus-Peter Kohl, who promotes Sturm, says "this fight needs to happen!"

There appears to be an issue over the rematch clause for both sides. Sturm and Abraham [promoted by Sauerland Event] have deals with rival German television networks, and there appears to be a conflict on both ends as to where the first bout would take place, and the rematch.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Good fight. Specially after seeing Sturm's last performance I think this could turn out to be competitive.

I'd still pick Abraham.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I pick Abraham but we should not underestemate Sturm, that guy can box and might very well get a decision vicoty.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
would like to see a win by sturm.i like him,he is a very intelligent boxer.
but damn the power of abraham in every punch is scary

G

·
I like Abraham as well but I absolutely give Sturm a boxers shot. He's more skilled than Abraham so if he can avoid Abraham's power, he can definately pull out a decision. Either way, this should be a very good fight. One that all boxing fans would enjoy.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup a classic puncher vs boxer, altho Abraham isnt really a puncher but in this fight i think he would rely more on his power than trying to box Sturm. I think he would stay behind his gloves and try to counter, and because of that i think this might be a boring matchup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts