Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

who ya got?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Marquez is a tough, grizzled vet and he showed me a ton against Lorenzo, but I don't think he'll be able to withstand what Abraham is sure to put on him. Maybe Abraham doesn't take it to him out of respect, but I think Abraham will want to look dominant to make sure to build up that fight with Pavlik. Marquez has been in with the much tougher opposition over the course of his career, so he knows a thing or two, but I think the age advantage and power disparity will be enough for Abraham to put him away by the tenth, if not earlier.

·
Banned
100 Posts
As much as I've always liked Marquez - and am glad to see him getting a good payday - he was never a world beater at 154lbs. Abraham is the #2 middleweight in the world - a bigger, stronger, younger guy with a complete package. Plus, Marquez tends to cut easy. Abraham TKO5, probably stopped on cuts.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Man he knocked out my dude Miranda but I cant deny the fact I think he'll win this fight by KO before the 6th..hes a Big guy with sturdy defense, Marquez would definetly have to make it a boxing match and wear down abraham and hope not to get caught by one of those powerful lunging hooks Abraham loves to throw.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Man he knocked out my dude Miranda but I cant deny the fact I think he'll win this fight by KO before the 6th..hes a Big guy with sturdy defense, Marquez would definetly have to make it a boxing match and wear down abraham and hope not to get caught by one of those powerful lunging hooks Abraham loves to throw.
those lunging hooks are very hard to dodge from Abraham. Even if Marquez tries to outbox him, I dont think that he will very well succeed.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Can't look past Abrahams for this one. I can see a KO between rounds 4-8. Should be a good one and I look forward to it.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Arthur Abraham will beat him easly, it will prob get stopped in either the first 4 or from 7-9 depending on which Arthur Abraham turns up for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Abraham vs. Marquez

Arthur Abraham defends his IBF Middleweight Championship againt Raul Marquez on Saturday. What are your thoughts?

I don't like to go against experience, but Abraham looks to be too strong, and Marquez cuts too easily. I'm taking Abraham by TKO due to cuts.

I got an interview with Marquez on Sept 23rd, the day before he left to Germany. Here's the link:

ATLFightSports - Boxing Interviews

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.