Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gatti vs Gomez

July 14th on Hbo's Tripleheader

Atlantic City , New Jersey - On the Boardwalk

2 time champ vs Contender

·
Registered
229 Posts
i think this is gonna be an exciting fight and im looking foward to it. hope Gatti just gets a KO and retires.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would do boxing proud if gatti can win and at the same time writes off another oen of these contenders.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree and anuyone who says hbo made him a star is wrong. His heart made him a star. hes one of my all time favs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
History will repeat itself

We all saw what happened to Manfredo when he went up against a world class fighter. I would expect to see the same result in this match. You can't even give Gomez a puncher's chance, because Gatti won't go down.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
dylanjl22 said:
We all saw what happened to Manfredo when he went up against a world class fighter. I would expect to see the same result in this match. You can't even give Gomez a puncher's chance, because Gatti won't go down.
welcome to the board mate.

i hope your right but i cant see gatti winning now he's in geezerville!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
dylanjl22 said:
Welcome to the board.

Gatti's chin isnt as good as the old days. Baldomir who wasnt regarded as a puncher knocked him out

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
dylanjl22 said:
You can't compare todays Gatti to Calzaghe. Gatti is way past his prime. Gomez has a chance tonight. The Gatti of old would kill Gomez though.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
You can't compare todays Gatti to Calzaghe. Gatti is way past his prime. Gomez has a chance tonight. The Gatti of old would kill Gomez though.
Agree totaly :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
right on the money knuckle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
dylanjl22 said:
You couldn't have been more wrong. Gomez by 7th Round Ko in one of the most one sided fights I've seen in a while. Awesome display.

·
Registered
229 Posts
well that sucked. at least he came to his senses to retire. i'll be watching his many awesome fights for years to come.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it was sad but all i want to say is thank you gatti for providiung us with some awesome memories. you are a definent hof'er. no matter what anyone says.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Was pulling for Gatti but it just wasn't there. Age does matter. And Gatti has provided fight fans with an action-packed career, so he can be proud of that.

As for Gomez, let him enjoy this now. He'll soon face an opponent, one who's under 35, who'll take him to school.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts