Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...it turns out my gym may close. We've been open since November 1st and it's now May. We've spent a lot on the gym to stay open and my trainer made this gym to help neighborhood kids and that's why it's called H.O.N.K. abbreviated for Help Our Neighborhood Kids. In about 10 days we'll most likely get an eviction notice if we can't make up the money. The rent is 3,500.00. I don't know how much we've gained but we have about half of that. We've tried to get government grants but its too late now. We were given a lawyer by the politicians to get out 501-C3 papers as a non profit organization but it turns out they gave us a corrupt lawyer. The guy had over 30 criminal accounts and is even on house arrest. He stole 750 from us that we gave him to help us get this paper work. My trainer has had 4 gyms. One burned down one got trashed by a truck that just ran right through the small gym and another i used to go to which was in a garage...and a sidewalk. I came from that to being in a gym and now it may close. What i'm basically asking for is for any help. If anyone can help with a donation of any amount or help in general that would be great. Rockinraysboxing.com you can hear more about the gym and what we came from. I'm hoping you guys can help some how. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Pass me your email in a PM bro.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If fellow members could even just send an email to BR's coach on the website he gave:

Rockin Rays Brooklyn Boxing Club

Or just send something to BR or post something here that he can print off, to show support for these important programs.

With the recent incidents with James Kirkland, I know many of us have grown up on thin lines seperating us from freedom and living behind bars, or worse. Maybe some of us still do.

I for one would hate to think my Nephews, when they grow up, would not have a place to go and release their agressions in a safe and productive manner, keeping them out of trouble.

These places and the people who run them are important guys, let's get a show of solidarity!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Guys...it turns out my gym may close. We've been open since November 1st and it's now May. We've spent a lot on the gym to stay open and my trainer made this gym to help neighborhood kids and that's why it's called H.O.N.K. abbreviated for Help Our Neighborhood Kids. In about 10 days we'll most likely get an eviction notice if we can't make up the money. The rent is 3,500.00. I don't know how much we've gained but we have about half of that. We've tried to get government grants but its too late now. We were given a lawyer by the politicians to get out 501-C3 papers as a non profit organization but it turns out they gave us a corrupt lawyer. The guy had over 30 criminal accounts and is even on house arrest. He stole 750 from us that we gave him to help us get this paper work. My trainer has had 4 gyms. One burned down one got trashed by a truck that just ran right through the small gym and another i used to go to which was in a garage...and a sidewalk. I came from that to being in a gym and now it may close. What i'm basically asking for is for any help. If anyone can help with a donation of any amount or help in general that would be great. Rockinraysboxing.com you can hear more about the gym and what we came from. I'm hoping you guys can help some how. Thanks :thumbsup:
BR man i truly feel for you and your trainer i wish i can help in the way of providing money but i myself am in a crisis over hear in puerto rico but what i can do is offer my prayers and hope they can be answered. Wish u the best and hope this situationcan be resolved.Keep your head up.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you blaze :thumbsup: A prayer will do fine i'm asking for anything doesn't have to be big and it doesn't matter if it's small i just appreciate the support.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Thank you blaze :thumbsup: A prayer will do fine i'm asking for anything doesn't have to be big and it doesn't matter if it's small i just appreciate the support.
if i had the money to give i would, man. that's fukked up about the lawyer

G

·
you guys try fund raising in the neighbourhood, put on an exibition night with a few fights, write to local (brooklyn) famous fighters for signed goods to auction at the event, **** like that? ya know think outside the box. Go visit local business for sponsorship maybe?

It would get you way further than posting on the internet looking for donations.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've done all of that goldenbhoy. We've even made the fundraiser free and whoever wants to donate can. The one day we make the fundraiser 20 bucks to come in 2 people showed.

G

·
seriously have you gone to local businesses looking for support or donate prizes for a raffle,believe me it works.

Honeslty write to a few fighters from the brooklyn area you would be suprised the response you get.

My local football side had a fund raiser a few weeks ago and we raised 6 grand, it was a race night, great crack and great money.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Have you considered writing/calling your local legislators? Perhaps the mayor himself?

10 days is realy short notice.

I would have suggested us running a raffle here on the site, but I just don't know how much we could raise in that amount of time.

I know there are many of us who would be willing to offer up some things for donation to the raffle, but its the timing that might get us on this one...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My trainer has spoken to almost all the politicians in the area. One of them even said boxing isn't his cup of tea but wishes he could help...None of them are helping out. My trainer knows all these brooklyn fighters including shannon briggs and he said he was broke thats how i know he's coming back cause he said he's working on a come back cause he has no money. Unfortunately i JUST heard about this. We may be able to pay the rent it's gonna take about 2 months before we get our goverment grant. We would have gotten our grant if we didn't have a corrupt lawyer. Now we're struggling to pay rent. We've gone to local business's and they all say "oh thats cool thats a good.." But don't help one bit.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're on the list for our grant and it would take about 2 months my trainer says for the grant to come in. We're gonna have to struggle because of the lawyer til we get our grant unfortunately. We even have a dickhead land owner who shut off the power on us called up con edison and said shut it off cause we had to pay it without telling us. Then we go downstairs and its all pitch black. We were determined so we bought a bunch of candles cause we know our land owners an asshole and wants us out and we trained in the dark with candles in 30 degree weather.

G

·
Right, **** politicians, they take money they dont give it out, theyre all corrupt cunts.

Go to local businesses, target them. dont go to the big shops that have different shops all over the place, local family run business, like restaurants etc..you have a cinema there in sheepsheadbay, ive been there several times go ask them for vouchers to raffle, there is a lobster restaurant beside it, go ask them.

Your kids, go in begging for help. People WILL help you just have to go to them.

What else you guys tried?

G

·
back when i lived in brooklyn i was on the subway and 2 guys from a local sports group where on the train selling M&Ms to raise money.

You could talk to the local supermarket owner and ask him can you pack bags for the weekend and leave a bucket at the end of every register and people are guilted into donating!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol makes me feel poor doing that goldenbhoy but my trainer would do it with no problem. I'm gonna tell him we should do that thanks for more advice. We never tried the movie theatres so that sounds good and theres a lobster place there too. We've went to many places and they've just told us its a good thing what we're doing but never help at all. Say they're gonna come check out the gym and we even say if they help us we'll sponsor their name and put it in our gym. Teddy atlas gave us a little bit of money and i forgot who else.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And by the way captain i got the mouse pad :thumbsup: using it right now i like it. Boxing forums the main site i go to so it's cool to have the mouse pad

G

·
I seen the worst film of my life in that cinema in january and the bloke that works there still owes me nachos and cheese cos he charged me for them and never gave me them, you can mention that when you go there.lol

Seriously the supermarket bag packing works, EVERYONE does it over here,the shop manager shouldnt mind because its for a good cause.

Dont feel poor its for a good cause.you aint begging your trying to do something positive.

Go back to the local businesses and ask for something to raffle, dinner for 2, cinema tickets, night in a hotel, TVs, hampers of food.

Dont take no for an answer and dont allow them to fob you off.if they think its a good idea what youse are doing then ask them to contribute. its no skin of there nose. Dont buy into this bullshit of the economy, them cunts made millions and still make money so they have it.

Supermarket bag packing will work and raise serious money.youse just have to be nice and respectful while you there and dont **** about, be nice and polite and wear clothes with the gyms name on it so people know why your there.pick a weekend to do it.id go tomorrow or today and ask a few managers and try plan it for next weekend.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll talk to my trainer about this. I'll try to get him to see if the news stations will do a story on us that would be good. And the raffle sounds like a great idea. We were supposed to have a meeting about tihs all but it's raining right now i'll have to see if the rain stops. I'll definitely tell you guys whats gonna happen

G

·
go to the supermarkets i guarantee if they let you do it you will raise good money.

And if all else fails, Sheepsheadbay used to be famous for the Mob, go see one of them for a few quid lol

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.