Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Fenech or Nelson?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
We haven't seen either man do anything in several years. Having no idea how long either Fenech or Nelson has been in the gym, I really can't say. The one thing I can grab at is that Nelson is the naturally bigger man, and that ought to count for something since neither one of them is going to have much in the speed or reflexes department, what with both in their 40s and after such a long lay off.

I'd love to see something of the 24-7 style series FOX is doing on Fenech in Australia. It's a dinosaur sporting event: both men make a good payday. More power to them, I say.

I have a pair of profiles on Nelson and Fenech; Nelson's is out, and Fenech's is in the hopper. I'll come back and post them both when they are both available.

·
Banned
100 Posts
OK, as promised...

As promised, I've come back with articles about Fenech and Nelson:

Jeff Fenech: Puncher, Ladies Man, All Australian

An African Boxing Legend: Azumah "The Professor" Nelson

As previously written, there isn't much I can see to write about their dinosaur match-up, except that Nelson is naturally the bigger man. A much bigger issue after so much time spent in retirement would be who has spent consistently more time in the gym and sparring, and that is something I don't think anyone really knows.

The whole thing could be very entertaining, but otherwise meaningless; or it could be utterly embarrassing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
How can this fight go ahead, there should be rules that no fighter is allowed to fight after 36.(some might say this is too old but it is a start to stamp out this nonsense, this is how people get killed for crying out load)).

Badger

·
Banned
100 Posts
How can this fight go ahead, there should be rules that no fighter is allowed to fight after 36.(some might say this is too old but it is a start to stamp out this nonsense, this is how people get killed for crying out load)).

Badger
I think the problem is if Nelson or Fenech got in the ring with, oh, Miguel Cotto. Like aged, fat Roberto Duran did with William Joppy some years ago. Two old guys duking it out is a different story. If people want to pay for it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts