·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
841 Posts
Not Those

Hey all, I am trying to decide between a few thumbless/tight fist bag gloves and want to know if these adidas climacool bag gloves are meant for heavy duty bags filled with sand that are rock hard: Amazon.co.uk: Adidas 'RESPONSE' Bag Gloves 'ClimaCool': Sports & Leisure

also are these Grants any good for heavy bag work: Grant Pull On Bag Gloves

Anyone try these as well: Grant Campeón Bag Gloves at Ringside.com

thanks for any help

I really wouldn't recommend any of those gloves that your interested in(all 3). Those kind of bag gloves are meant for casual very light heavy bag work. The only thing I would even consider using those for is for double end bag work. You need professional bag gloves, especially if your hitting a hard bag 100 1bs and up. I personally own these two pairs of bag gloves and I really recommend that you get them. The Grant Campeon Super bag gloves Campeón Super Bag Gloves - Campeón - Gloves - Grant Boxing
and these title training gloves that are really cheap but are durable and do the job, TITLE Classic Boxing Gloves from Title Boxing
If I was you I'd get the Grant's, they are by far one of the best pairs of training gloves I've had, really nice fit. Also stay away from the other pair of grant's you were looking at, those are no good, thats why their discontinued. Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You see the problem with those regular bag gloves is I can't make a nice tight fist like with those smaller ones. The thumbs on those standard style bag gloves sort of hang out and I can't get a tight clinch. I actually ordered the Title Super bag gloves in brown and found them very uncomfortable.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
eneyman,
The gloves with the thumb attached keep your hand in the anatomically correct punching position. They protect the hands much better than the thumbless versions.
Make sure you get the "regular" size gloves and not large. This will help ensure that the hand compartment is more snug.

I also have a pair of the Grant Campeon super bag gloves as well as the Title Gel series gloves. If you want a terrific set of bag gloves, either of those will do you very well. The Title Gel's protect the knuckles a bit better, while the Grants are more evenly distributed making the gloves feel lighter.

If neither of those appeals to you, look into ringsides IMF tech bag glove.

If you like a smaller, more compact feel, then make sure the gloves you get are 12oz, regular.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Captain, I ordered the Title Super bag gloves with that open thumb design and could not make a nice tight fist and I felt like if I threw a punch I was going to break my thumb since I can't clinch tightly.. Are those Grants any different..also how can you even throw a looping hook or anything when the thumb is just dangling out there like that without having a tight fist

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
The thumb actually doesnt interfere with throwing the punches. You are used to throwing a punch with your thumb tucked under your four knuckles. The correct punching technique is with the thumb to the side of the index finger.
In a quality professional glove, the padding is placed so that it sticks out further than the thumb. When punching, the thumb is not impacted by being in that position. I think its more of a matter of you just having to get used to the feel of it. Focus more on clenching the grip bar in the center of the glove, and you'll be good in no time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts