Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that proper balance is key. For me, I just tend to have busy feet to maintain it. Would like to improve and am curious if there are any techniques for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i do some resistance band training as a part of working on my muscle endurance, but when i do shoulder raises, curls, rows, etc. I stand on one foot for half of my reps then switch. i also do a lot of Pistols (a single leg squat with opposite leg pointing straight out in front) and i do body squats on a BOSU ball (which is one of those half ball things that a lot of chics use tone up) I turn it upside down and stand on it with the black side up. for a bonus grab a 20lb. medicine ball to rotate side to side while squating... these squats take some getting use to, but when you can do em that means your developing balance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There are boxers who stand in the water, smooth out their rotation, widen or tighten their stance, go on boats and adjust to the tides. The center of balance for the feet is mainly the big toe. You can train it by kicking off your big toe during sprinting. You'll know you worked on it well after you can see that you have a large callous there. Also you have to practice shaking your head, it has a large role in dodging straights and it'll help you keep your balance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts