Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mexican ring legend Marco Antonio Barrera recently inked a multifight deal with Don King Productions at DKP Headquarters in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Word is that Barrera inked a five year pact and he is expected to land a fight for the WBC interim lightweight title on November 7th in Chengdu, China.

I really dont want to see this, most of the LW today would walk trough Barrera. I doubt hes needing any money tho :S Maby he just doesnt like the "retired" life.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Man anything having to do with Don king is no good, hopefully Barrera doesnt hurt himself.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Mexican ring legend Marco Antonio Barrera recently inked a multifight deal with Don King Productions at DKP Headquarters in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Word is that Barrera inked a five year pact and he is expected to land a fight for the WBC interim lightweight title on November 7th in Chengdu, China.

I really dont want to see this, most of the LW today would walk trough Barrera. I doubt hes needing any money tho :S Maby he just doesnt like the "retired" life.
YEah.. I agree.. He seems to be slowing down much faster now...

I mean, against Marquez he could've won the fight if that knockdown counted and the judges were a little more realistic. Against pacman he seemed to have slowed down more

NOw, against lightweights, how much of a chance does he really have? Well, lets not forget Morales aint going away either. I smell a forth encounter somewhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
rumours over in the u.k at the w/e was that frankwarren was lining up barrera for a fight with alex arthur but he got beat by nicky cook .
alex arthur said that he thought he won the fight and judges robbed him (what a idiot),
seen barrera twice live 1 against naz and other against leushing what a fighter.hope he stays retired but me thinks that he would be arthur in his fifties .
for a guy so smart i would not touch either of them promoetrs

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Barerra is going to fight some Asian dude that is irrelevant, so I'm not worried about him.

I still had him beating Marquez.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hope he gets KTFO

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cant think of one reason for anyone to hate Barrera, i even think the die hard Morales fans like him.

True warrior, great fighter and was always respectful.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hate Barrera because of the way he treated Morales, he called him a "dirty indian" or something racist like that. I repeat, I want him to get KTFO bad ;)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cant think of one reason for anyone to hate Barrera, i even think the die hard Morales fans like him.

True warrior, great fighter and was always respectful.
I agree completely. I'm baffled by his comment. I can understand him hating Floyd because he comes off as an asshole, but Barerra is a good guy.
I agree. I was surprised at his post. Hard to hate Barrera
Correct.
I hate Barrera because of the way he treated Morales, he called him a "dirty indian" or something racist like that. I repeat, I want him to get KTFO bad ;)
Well then you must absolutely despise Mayorga. Again, how old are you man?
Insults were coming from both fighters
Yes they were. There was also a scuffle, but I don't hate anyone based on what they say in hyping a fight. That's all for numbers.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This is bad news. Barrera was a shell of his former self against Pacquiao in his last fight. That's not to say that he can't have some success, but I just feel that if it isn't at the peak of the sport, then what's the point?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
This is bad news. Barrera was a shell of his former self against Pacquiao in his last fight. That's not to say that he can't have some success, but I just feel that if it isn't at the peak of the sport, then what's the point?
The man just cant retire, like so many others... You're right, Golden Boy didnt want him to fight anymore and them they parted ways..

Don Kings a moneyfage so he picked him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Nate when you're dealing with boxing and there is a question that you can't figure out the answer to, just think of money. Money is the answer to 90% of all questions in life that one can not answer.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Nate when you're dealing with boxing and there is a question that you can't figure out the answer to, just think of money. Money is the answer to 90% of all questions in life that one can not answer.
Haha, oh I know, I know, but I like to act as though people/boxers don't have one track minds with dollar signs in their eyes and they actually have some moral aptitude and sense of responsibility to their sport.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

I don't, I think he can take most lightweights, he showed it against Marquez.

I'd rather have him retired, he looked so bad against Pacquiao because Manny has him mentally and physically I think Marco was "scared" to awake the beast and have Manny get pick up the pace on him and stop him again. He showed the same against Junior Jones anyone that stops him will have that advantage over him.

If he gets the title, I'd like to see him against the winner of Campbell-Guzman (hopefully Guz) so one of those two can get a deserved payday and maybe beat a hall of famer with an interim title.
Yeah man I agree, I don't hate him but I don't like him, he was a legitimate asshole with Morales and I think he lost the rubber match. I want them to get in the ring 1 more time so Morales can tie it up with a ko, but Erik is even more shot and even more of a shell of himself than Barrera is so I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts