• BARRETT UD

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mark Vester

Heavyweight Monte Barrett launched a verbal attack at David Haye during the final press conference for their November 15 bout at the 02 Arena in London. Barrett claims that Haye's company, Hayemaker Promotions, have mistreated him in the build-up to the fight and looking for every advantage.

"They got me in a sh*tty hotel and fly me over here business class. And there's little petty stuff like giving me £30 a day to live on a day. That's not enough for a heavyweight, it costs me over £20 for a meal. This is not how you do business," Barrett told South London Press. "I respect David for taking me on but as far as his promotional company goes you've got to treat fighters right."

Barrett also says that Haye has not provided him with a signed contract for the fight, stating that Haye's team are going wild over the terms for the rematch clause and holding up everything. Barrett says they should just remove the rematch clause entirely because he promises to give Haye another fight.

"Right now I have no signed contract for this fight. I know David wants this fight just as bad as I do but I don't know about the people around him. There is a rematch clause in the contract and they are going crazy over this clause. But I'm telling David man to man that once I knock you out I'll give you a rematch. Let's get this ***** out of the contract," Barrett said.

G

·
We can only hope.

South London Press (Mercury & News Shopper) comes through my door every Wednesday, what a load of **** it is.
Let's hope not :D:D.
Haha

I think Haye will be fine, his body fat was at a ridiculously low level, he was completely drained at CW. Maybe his chin won't be as bad as alot of people are expecting. Saying that it will be exposed sooner or later but I think he can still make a big impact.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Haha

I think Haye will be fine, his body fat was at a ridiculously low level, he was completely drained at CW. Maybe his chin won't be as bad as alot of people are expecting. Saying that it will be exposed sooner or later but I think he can still make a big impact.
He WILL make a big impact, whether he does well or not because the division is so poor. Haye has brought interest, the kind we haven't seen for a while.

G

·
He WILL make a big impact, whether he does well or not because the division is so poor. Haye has brought interest, the kind we haven't seen for a while.
That's true, he's definitely generated alot of interest in the division already. What I mean was an impact for himself career wise.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
That's true, he's definitely generated alot of interest in the division already. What I mean was an impact for himself career wise.
I can see Haye getting past Barrett and a few ex-contenders and then finally stepping up to either Klitschko and being beaten. He has a far better chance of beating Wlad then he does of Vitali.

G

·
I can see Haye getting past Barrett and a few ex-contenders and then finally stepping up to either Klitschko and being beaten. He has a far better chance of beating Wlad then he does of Vitali.
Yeah no question, he has a punchers chance against Wlad. He's got no chance at beating Vitali.

·
Banned
57 Posts
it will be better for boxing all round if haye wins big and proves to be what a lot for people are hoping for. I dont much like the guy, but for excitement's sake i'll be rooting for him.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I thought at the beginning of the year he had little of beating either of them, although I thought he may have a decent shot at Vitali coz of his inactivity. However Haye was brilliant against Maccarinelli and Wlad has had a couple of stinkers, so now it's a close fight IMO. Vitali he now has very little change against IMO.

it will be better for boxing all round if haye wins big and proves to be what a lot for people are hoping for. I dont much like the guy, but for excitement's sake i'll be rooting for him.
Agreed.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Why The Hell Are Haye's People Shitting Bricks Over A Rematch Clause With Monte Barrett, It's Monte ******* Barrett, Are You ******* Kidding Me? They Told Me Haye Was Supposed To Be The Next Holyfield, They Obviously ******* lied.

G

·
Haye is a quality fighter Obama, his chin is a bit suspect though. Saying that the only defeat he's had is because he was poorly conditioned and gassed, he was on the verge of winning by KO and punched himself out.

There's a few of his fights in the download section.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts