• HAYE UD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BARRETT UD

Votes: 0 0.0%

Barrett Blasts Haye Over Mistreatment, Rematch Clause

2K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Unseen 
#1 ·
By Mark Vester

Heavyweight Monte Barrett launched a verbal attack at David Haye during the final press conference for their November 15 bout at the 02 Arena in London. Barrett claims that Haye's company, Hayemaker Promotions, have mistreated him in the build-up to the fight and looking for every advantage.

"They got me in a sh*tty hotel and fly me over here business class. And there's little petty stuff like giving me £30 a day to live on a day. That's not enough for a heavyweight, it costs me over £20 for a meal. This is not how you do business," Barrett told South London Press. "I respect David for taking me on but as far as his promotional company goes you've got to treat fighters right."

Barrett also says that Haye has not provided him with a signed contract for the fight, stating that Haye's team are going wild over the terms for the rematch clause and holding up everything. Barrett says they should just remove the rematch clause entirely because he promises to give Haye another fight.

"Right now I have no signed contract for this fight. I know David wants this fight just as bad as I do but I don't know about the people around him. There is a rematch clause in the contract and they are going crazy over this clause. But I'm telling David man to man that once I knock you out I'll give you a rematch. Let's get this ***** out of the contract," Barrett said.

See less See more
G
#20 ·
Haye is a quality fighter Obama, his chin is a bit suspect though. Saying that the only defeat he's had is because he was poorly conditioned and gassed, he was on the verge of winning by KO and punched himself out.

There's a few of his fights in the download section.

G
#23 ·
You'd need to ask Haye that one. My guess is incase Barrett exposes his questionable chin. If there's a rematch he can avenge the win and it will be easier for him to get fights. Just because he's holding out on a rematch agreement doesn't mean he's any less of a fighter. LOL

#29 ·
a few unknowns here.

can haye last 12 rounds if needed?

is haye's power good at heavy as opposed to cw?

is haye's chin weak?

is haye's team really cheap and amatuer?

is monte a type of fighter that haye does not like? i.e. he throws as much as a cruiser with the same speed but is bigger?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.