Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like about a once a year occurance now. And it always seems to happen right when i'm getting stronger and really working at getting better.:dunno:

I was playing some ball with neighborhood kids, and went up for a layup, came down on a foot- OUCH

I've doen both ankles twice, this is the third time for my left ankle and twice in less than a 6 month span. This sucks ass...

To make matters worse, we have a football playoff game next weekend and I became our starting QB about 4 weeks ago after I go sick of all the INT's by the other guys.:rolleyes:

What do you guys do to try to heal, and prevent these types of injuries? I know the manner in that it happened, theres not a whole lot you can do...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It seems like about a once a year occurance now. And it always seems to happen right when i'm getting stronger and really working at getting better.:dunno:

I was playing some ball with neighborhood kids, and went up for a layup, came down on a foot- OUCH

I've doen both ankles twice, this is the third time for my left ankle and twice in less than a 6 month span. This sucks ass...

To make matters worse, we have a football playoff game next weekend and I became our starting QB about 4 weeks ago after I go sick of all the INT's by the other guys.:rolleyes:

What do you guys do to try to heal, and prevent these types of injuries? I know the manner in that it happened, theres not a whole lot you can do...
This is why I'm not playing college ball right now. I have the same problem. My left ankle is the problem. Wear ankle braces everytime you play. I suggest icing it for 30 minutes as many times a day as you can. Also, if you can do calf raises with the weak ankle. If you want I can give you MANY helpful rehab activities. I'm a pro at this man.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well shyt, let me know ;)
I'm gonna ice it up tonight again. It's not one of the worst ones I've done (I had a wedding to go to today and I was walking around ok) but its still annoying.

Calf raises, huh?

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

You can't really guard against coming down on somebodies foot. It's just something that happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts