Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enzo calzaghe has just won the bbc british coach of the year tonight, he beat billy graham, hatton's trainer and alex mcleish, scotland football manager.

for 2 out of 3 of the candidates to come from the sport of boxing shows that it's on the up here in britain at the moment!

im glad also that the BBC is actualy awarding winners, the event has been known for excluding anyone thats not english e.g when calzaghe pulled off the eubank win, they awarded rusezki a wannabe englishman who was runner up in the us tennis open!

enzo calzaghe was awarded for running his great boxing stable in Newbridge, South Wales. Training world champions like, Calzaghe, Maccarinelli, Gavin Rees and commonwealth champion Bradley Pryce, and developing future prospects like kerry hope and nathan cleverley.

well done enzo!

i'll update if joe or hatton will win the main prize later

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Joe Calzaghe won the 2007 award for being the best British Sportsman, the Formula 1 rookie Lewis Hamilton was 2nd, and Ricky Hatton 3rd.

What a night for british boxing! 2 boxers out of every possible sport there is!

calzaghe definetly deserves to win it after being overlooked every year since '97! its weird after every winner has been english for so long, we finally have a welsh winner!

well done ricky hatton, joe calzaghe, billy graham and enzo calzaghe!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fantastic for both Calzaghe's! They totally deserve it!

Good for Ricky too!

Great to see boxing getting more recognition again!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was not happy last year when the Calzaghe's did not get the Awards from the BBC.This year im over the moon both got there deserve Awards,its about time.Phil Taylor i hope one day gets this Award as well.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
calzaghe was hosed last year just because the damn princess whats her name was in the running.

great to see the BBC come to there senses and give joe the title, its been long over due.

its also great to see them award winners instead of galant losers now.

my dad said, there gonna give it to ricky and joes gonna be second, id have laughed my ass off at that, i think ricky would have been really embarrased to. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Congratulations to the Calzaghe's they deserve their awards!!! I was suprised to find out this morning. Didnt see it last night as I was still out on a bender from the Hatton fight!! :laugh:

I know Roger Mayweather will be there but imo Enzo Calzaghe deserves Ring magazine trainer of the year aswell! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts