Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i was wondering if any1 could help me. i started boxing about 2 months ago. im 20 and about 5"4 - 5"5 and weigh about 8 st 9 pounds or about 54 kilos. iv been hitting the heavy bag with sum really crapy gloves like so -

Sugar Ray's Boxing Store :: Gloves ( Sparring & Bag Gloves) :: Boxing Bag Gloves & Mitts :: Boxing Bag Mitts :: Ampro Pu Bag Mitt. : boxing equipment,Everlast, boxing gear, boxing store, boxing shop, boxing gloves, boxing headguards, boxing boot

and iv sprained my wrists a few times and bruised my hands a lil bit. i hit pretty hard for my size. so i know that u can get gloves in small, medium and large and different weights like 10,12,14 oz. so im looking for the right size and weight gloves to hit the heavy bag and i dont mind spending up to 60 quid or wateva just want a decent pair. iv got small hands so i guess i need a small size but i dont know what weight gloves to get. any help would be really appreciated.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
How much you willing to spend? Those gloves are crap though. I can see how you hurt your hands and wrist. For heavybag training, most use 12-16 oz gloves. For your size though, I recommend 12 or 14's. Im not quite sure what kind of gloves are avaiable to you in the uk though.

The best bag gloves I've ever used are Title Gel Bag Gloves. 59.99 16 oz from titleboxing.com. I guarentee you will never have sore knuckles again and the wrist protection is great as well.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
i don't know what 150 pounds are in kilos but if you weigh more than that then get 16 oz. gloves if you weigh under that get 14 oz. gloves. Don't buy 12 oz thats for 11 year olds or hitting certain bags with. And by the way I've never seen such horrible gloves in my life. Better off getting a plastic bag and putting your hands in them then that.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I recommend the 14 oz. Thats the gloves he's gonna be fighting with when he goes in the ring in competitions. Uuuuh...16 oz if you're gonna train with them. 14 oz. for fighting or lighter bags like cobra bag or double end.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey cheers guys for ur help, i really apreciate that, well im willing to pay up to 60 quid or sumwere round that for a pair, so i gather i need to buy 12oz or 14oz.. is there a huge difference when punchin a heavy bag with either , and also i no they come in different sizes i asume i would be a small size coz i got small hands lol? and last thing are there any particulary good brand of gloves to buy or any to stay well away from....

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Buy 14 oz cause i'm in your weight class and i have 14 oz. Stay away from cheap gloves is the best i can say all i have is competition gloves and regular everlast gloves you find in a models which i don't recommend.

·
Registered
841 Posts
14 oz is a good size for you. Only prob is that ringside, grant, cleto and other top brands tend to only make 12oz bag gloves, but as an upside give you an option to select small or large for smaller and larger hand pockets. Everlast and Title have better glove weight variation, so if your gonna get 14's you'll prob find a bigger selection with those two brands.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ok well after doin a lil more research i came across these gloves which sound good.

Campeón Super Bag Gloves - Campeón - Gloves - Grant Boxing

ok the problem is that they are only 12 oz gloves, andi was just wondering will they provide me with enuff protection for my hands and wrist for the heavy bag taken into consideration im only a lil dude but punch quite hard,
and also will the 14 oz gloves be to big and cumbersom for me, coz i dunt wana walk into my gym lookin like a lil wally with humungous hands like haha, cheers guys.
so really what im askin is are the 14oz to big and heavy for me considerin my small stature and will the 12oz gloves provide me with enuff protection for whakin the heavy bag?

oh last thing are thos gloves any good for me??? (open to any other suggestions for gloves)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
ok well after doin a lil more research i came across these gloves which sound good.

Campeón Super Bag Gloves - Campeón - Gloves - Grant Boxing

ok the problem is that they are only 12 oz gloves, andi was just wondering will they provide me with enuff protection for my hands and wrist for the heavy bag taken into consideration im only a lil dude but punch quite hard,
and also will the 14 oz gloves be to big and cumbersom for me, coz i dunt wana walk into my gym lookin like a lil wally with humungous hands like haha, cheers guys.
so really what im askin is are the 14oz to big and heavy for me considerin my small stature and will the 12oz gloves provide me with enuff protection for whakin the heavy bag?

oh last thing are thos gloves any good for me??? (open to any other suggestions for gloves)

These are my second favorite bag gloves next to the title gels, they are great. Great knuckle protection for yourself, medium should be a perfect size for you. They are 12 oz but they feel even lighter because of the balance of them. Great quality, great feel and great control. You will love them.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
14oz will not look like big gloves you're talking about 18oz to look like that. 14oz will provide protection plus its for training i recommend 14oz

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, i was so happy about an hour ago i found the perfect pair which i mentioned earlier

Grant Campeón Super Bag Gloves at Ringside.com

and wen i tried to ordered them i found them out of stock and hear they wont be available for a couple of months alteast.. so gutted, i realy want a pair to order today coz i really wana start trainin again and aint riskin usin the crappy mitts they got at my gym. if any of u guys no any other posibilities for nice 12oz or 14oz gloves in a medium size then i would be so grateful. like i said i dont mind payin upto 50 quid which i think is about 100 dollars coz il have to pay shippin aswell. sorry for pesterin u....

still not sure if 14 oz gloves will be to heavy for me???

·
Registered
841 Posts
I also love the grant campeon super bag gloves, prob one of the best pairs of bag gloves I've ever had. Since their out of stock, consider paying the extra 50 or so for the professional grant super bag gloves. I've been meaning to get me a pair of those. They look like their just as good as the super bag gloves yet even better quality and longer lasting. Don't worry about 14oz looking to big on you, it really won't be noticable, the only thing that will notice them is your shoulders:). Besides that, you shouldn't worry to much about deciding whether your gonna get 12's or 14's for bag gloves, if you wanna get the 12's, go for it especially since your just starting and when you get to a further point in your training get 14's which will increase your speed and strength. Just make sure when you get into sparring, your training gloves need to be 14oz or larger.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeh, your right, ima get the 14oz ones, whilst the Grant Professional Super Power Bag Gloves look amazin, i wudnt even mind payin the extra exept i have to pay shipping (uk) and delivery which will be super expensive, so iv decided on these gloves
IMF Tech™ Bag Gloves at Ringside.com

they are IMF Tech™ Bag Gloves.
do you think these ones will be cool for me, and if not can u seggest any other 14 oz gloves.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts