Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

First of all sorry for my english, I'll do my best to explain my question. Currently I live in Australia and planning to stay here for couple of month more. Recently I decided to start boxing lessons and had 2 private lessons in martial arts school in Melbourne City. I don't want to be a good professional, just to have a good punch strength and fighting technique to be more confident in possible street conflicts + I'm enjoying trainings very much, so who knows...
The question I have is that on my native language boxing forum people telling me to change my instructor (master or how u call him) because it is far from correct to start my trainings with worming up, stretching, practicing punches for several minutes in front of the mirror and then - putting on baggloves and starting to practice them with my instructor by hitting this things (i don't know the name in english) which he holds in his hands. One-two-three punches combos, on the second training - including primitive basic movements and counter-hit evasions etc.... People telling me that I should improve my technique first buy spending many training fighting with air, otherwise it is impossible and incorrect to do so and therefore I should change my instructor.

What do u guys think'bout all that?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply )) I was just a little scared cause I was told that my punches will definitely lack the technique (will be heavy, but not knock-outing)... If there are no worries about this, then I'm happy )

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Just do what feels right , warming up it's good shadow boxing on your, own is ok pretend your boxing some one try new things then work on them actually hitting the mitts like your doing and he's doing the corret thing by trowing something at you, that way, you don't get use to just hitting but avoiding getting hit back, learn to move your head to avoid punches, also hit the heavy bag to improve power and thecnique, your on your way buddy ( MATE) have fun and keep asking questions.....:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts