Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried to search briefly for the answer on this site but was unsuccesful. I posted before that I wasnt planning on going pro or being very serious about boxing and that I just wanted to get into great shape and be able to handle myself at a very amatuer level. recently throughout the small degree of training and exericise I have been doing im finding that I really enjoy basically everything that boxing is. The thought has crossed my mind to try to go as high as I can with the sport but I have to wonder if starting at 21 is alittle to late? I have a couple years of karate background but have been training boxing technique for the past 2 months or so. I have ZERO ring experience and very little fighting experience. That being said, im a VERY fast learner and catch on very quickly especially when it comes to physical activities. Im 5'11" 185 lbs and (from what ive seen during my few street fights with people, watching a street fight or two, and just messing around playing slaps and stuff) i have pretty quick hands. So what do we think? I realize its possible, im going to train my ass off like its possible, but is it logical to go around saying I want to be a great fighter when im starting at the age of 21? Whats ideal age? 17ish?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Im starting around now, im 17, but hell your only as young as you feel. You sound ambitious, which is very good, if you train hard and work at it, you could be a very good boxer.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I am training now at 33 I hope to turn pro at 34 (only if I can get to 200Lbs wish me lots of luck) and get ten pro-fights in before 37 and quit.

For me hell yeah it’s late but
I have a fear of getting old and thinking to my self WHAT IF.
I REALLY DON'T CARE IF I GO 0-10
I am not saying I want to loose. I will give it my all. I just want to do it.
And if for some Big Miracle I go 10-0 I will continue until the first "L" then quit. Again not looking to become a champion I just want 10 pro-fights win or loose under my belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts