Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Benn vs Calzaghe?

who would have won?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
joe would have been to smart for benn, if he traded though he'd lose but if he fought in the way he did against lacy nigell would have been outclassed much like watson did to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noooo. i still think benn would win . KO in 9
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
benn was to wild in the ring and he struggled against a good boxer, watson outclassed him, sugar boy malinga beat him too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no benn was an awsome puncher. he also had very good boxing skills and in my view would beat calzaghe. I think eubank would have beat calzaghe if he was primed
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
nobodys saying been was a bad boxer he just wasn't as good as calzaghe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
tommygunn said:
nobodys saying been was a bad boxer he just wasn't as good as calzaghe.
I'll make it easy for anyone getting involved in these "who would have won?" threads:

If one of the two fighters is Hatton or Calzaghe, then the correct answer is either Hatton or Calzaghe.

Right, Tommy? :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
correct.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
styles make fights people. I think benn would have beaten him.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
explain to me how you think benn would have won the fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Benn could take some serious puishment. He proved that in the mcclelan fight which he still won. Dont get me wrong i do like joe but styles do make fights. Benn had a very aggresive and was one of the hardest hitters for a supermiddle. I think the fight would be close for the first 6 rounds both fighters fighting toe to toe, but benn would finish joe. Joe calzaghe does seem to throw wild and untidey punches. Ive witnessed him through 8 strait punches strait on and landing once. benn had great head movement and i think he could bob and weave to land a big hook.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
benn did have great power and a great movement but he also had stamina issues and wouldn't have been able to fight at joe's pace for 12 rounds. you say joe would be ko'd? why joe's showed nothing so far but a granite chin and has never looked like being stopped never mind beatin. benn couldn't fight 12 rounds at the pace he fought he was out on his feet in the mcclelan fight more than once but his heart kept him in the fight. remember mcclelan was only a middleweight not a big 168 guy like joe is. im a huge been fan also i thought he was great value for money and had some big wins the 2 that stick out are obviously barkley and mcclelan but joes on another level he's faster than benn smarter than benn has a better chin than benn and his stamina is a zillion times beter than benn and he also put eubanck down something benn never managed to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tommygunn said:
benn did have great power and a great movement but he also had stamina issues and wouldn't have been able to fight at joe's pace for 12 rounds. you say joe would be ko'd? why joe's showed nothing so far but a granite chin and has never looked like being stopped never mind beatin. benn couldn't fight 12 rounds at the pace he fought he was out on his feet in the mcclelan fight more than once but his heart kept him in the fight. remember mcclelan was only a middleweight not a big 168 guy like joe is. im a huge been fan also i thought he was great value for money and had some big wins the 2 that stick out are obviously barkley and mcclelan but joes on another level he's faster than been smarter than been has a beteer chin than been and his stamina is a zillion times beter than been and he also put eubanck down something been never managed to do.
joe was seriously hurt against Byron Mitchell. he was droped and only wobbly legs. great comeback though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
wtf. he was knocked down not hurt or on wobbly legs get your facts right dude. he was up at 1 and a half then flatened byron.

heres the fight.

YouTube - Calzaghe vs. Mitchell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tommy i have calzaghes dvd. the fights on there. Yes calzaghe done a great job on mitchell but he was knocked down and was hurt. I have an iterview were calzaghe says he was seriously hurt and stunned by that knnock down. Get your facts right dude.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
yeah it looked like he was seriously hurt in that fight. :laugh: it made hattons knockdown of collazo look like a sparko. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tommygunn said:
yeah it looked like he was seriously hurt in that fight. :laugh: it made hattons knockdown of collazo look like a sparko. :laugh:
I like calzaghe but now it seriously is time to step up and beat the best today.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top