Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make a DVD of Bernard Hopkins' best performances. I'll definitely put the Trinidad fight, but I want opinions on the rest, just drop a list of what you think are 10 must see Hopkins performances or fights.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Glen Johnson. It was a complete shutout on an unbeaten upcomer who later went on to knock (a shot) Roy Jones Jr, and also beat Tarver & Clinton Woods.

Segundo Mercado I Hopkins was fighting in a bull ring, in the midst of a civil war in another guys home town. He hadn't adapted to the climate of 10,000 feet. He was knocked down twice. Yet he took a draw in a match that most feel he won anyway.

And of course Trinidad, Tarver & Lipsey.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
The tenth round of the Calzaghe fight where he faked the low blow. that was an Oscar winning performance right there.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Tarver fight should be included and the Oscar fight too just for the stoppage.
I don't think the De La Hoya fight was one of his best performances or fights as it was one of his best wins. Good look on the Tarver fight definitely up there.
That left hook that folded DeLaweener,like a little biatch....
Again one of his best moments and wins, probably, one of his best fights and performances, no.
+ RJJ

Badger in Asia
I don't think that was even close to one of his best fights or performance and I want to stick to fights he won or I would've really thought about putting the first JT fight in there.
Glen Johnson. It was a complete shutout on an unbeaten upcomer who later went on to knock (a shot) Roy Jones Jr, and also beat Tarver & Clinton Woods.

Segundo Mercado I Hopkins was fighting in a bull ring, in the midst of a civil war in another guys home town. He hadn't adapted to the climate of 10,000 feet. He was knocked down twice. Yet he took a draw in a match that most feel he won anyway.

And of course Trinidad, Tarver & Lipsey.
Never seen the Lipsey fight, but I'm going to have to check that one out since you say it like that. The Glen Johnson fight is up there as far as performances (and wins), the Segundo Mercado fight is up there in terms of fights, btw it was his own fault he didn't get acclimated because he didnt want to be there to spend time there like everyone else good performance nonetheless.
The tenth round of the Calzaghe fight where he faked the low blow. that was an Oscar winning performance right there.
That was a real good improv.
How about the 1st round? :D
Even better he caught him sleeping.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Both Hopkins-Echols fights, they're both exciting fights IMO, and I forgot which one, but it was a very bizarre bout.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I would easily say the 1st round, hey DRPUGILIST I got the preview of that round in my sig :D

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hector, definitely use the Tarver fight. That is one of my favorite from Hopkins. I also recommend using some highlights from the fight(s) with Echols. I'm going to think about this and add some more later.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both Hopkins-Echols fights, they're both exciting fights IMO, and I forgot which one, but it was a very bizarre bout.
The Echols fights are good, I think you're thinking about the second fight where Hopkins almost knocks him out with a punch to the back of the head.
I would easily say the 1st round, hey DRPUGILIST I got the preview of that round in my sig :D
Yeah, either way both situations will be remembered from that fight and were big parts of that fight. The knockdown was probably more important.
Hector, definitely use the Tarver fight. That is one of my favorite from Hopkins. I also recommend using some highlights from the fight(s) with Echols. I'm going to think about this and add some more later.
As of right now, it's definitely the Trinidad and Tarver fights, and as a third and fourth option it's a tossup between Echols I and II, Mercado I and II, Glen Johnson, and the De La Hoya fights. I might have to make 2 since I want the full fights instead of highlights.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Hopkins Echols I and II were both great fights
Hopkins Mercada I great fight
Hopkins Mercada II was one of his best performances
Hopkins Tarver was a good performance
Hopkins Tito is a great hopkins fight, maybe his best performance
Rounds 1-6 of the winky fight were even exciting for hopkins standards.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I want to make a DVD of Bernard Hopkins' best performances. I'll definitely put the Trinidad fight, but I want opinions on the rest, just drop a list of what you think are 10 must see Hopkins performances or fights.
is this a trick question?
1-RJJ
2-JT 1
3-JT 2
4-WW
5-JOE
6-Pavlik.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Trinidad fight is a must

1 - 18 of 18 Posts