22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopkins vs Calzaghe - Light Heavyweight Fight

Saturday, April 12th, 2008 -- HBO-PPV

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm certain they will. I have never seen Hopkins anywhere near that big of a dog.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Damn, those odds are wide. I don't even know if it's worth betting on

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Damn, those odds are wide. I don't even know if it's worth betting on
It aint, its so obvious Calzaghe is going to win it just aint worth wasting time placing a bet you'll only get penuts back for.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I just meticulously watched some more tapes on both fighters. I've already put 1000.00 on Hopkins. Im leaning even more into a win for him now. What do you guys think? Should I leave it at 1000.00 or bet a little more while the odds are in my favor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just meticulously watched some more tapes on both fighters. I've already put 1000.00 on Hopkins. Im leaning even more into a win for him now. What do you guys think? Should I leave it at 1000.00 or bet a little more while the odds are in my favor?

I think you should stop there. Not only do I think Calzaghe wins (yes I've seen lots of fights from both), but I also think It's leaning towards a gambling problem :D

Do as you like, but I wouldn't be too sure of a Hopkins Win if I was you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
BHOP has been there and done it all, he has ko,out-pointed,out-foxed and out-smarted every type of fighter boxing has to offer. Bhop facing Calzaghe will not present anything Bhop has not seen before.

But...... Calzaghe has simply never faced anyone with the pedigree of Bhop and will be stunned on fight night IMO.

The thing is EVERY fighter BHOP faces, is forced to fight at HIS PACE and out of their comfort zone. The Target for Calzaghe is to adapt and come to terms with BHOP's unique style, which IMHO Better fighters than Calzaghe have failed to do and been PUNISHED

I also think BHOP's KO Power is being massively under estimated for this fight. We all know Calzaghe's style means he is there to be taken out and also we know that BHOP is famed for his water-tight defence.

All those protected boys under Enzo Calzaghe.........Enzo Maccarinelli and Gavin Rees the moment they stepped up in class they were handed beatings, believe you me Joe Calzaghe is NEXT.

BHOP WIN BY 3 ROUND KO

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
You should bet all your points on him.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bhop in my mind.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I think you should stop there. Not only do I think Calzaghe wins (yes I've seen lots of fights from both), but I also think It's leaning towards a gambling problem :D

Do as you like, but I wouldn't be too sure of a Hopkins Win if I was you.
LOL No way, man. Im just betting with the credits on this site. It's all in good fun.

BHOP has been there and done it all, he has ko,out-pointed,out-foxed and out-smarted every type of fighter boxing has to offer. Bhop facing Calzaghe will not present anything Bhop has not seen before.

But...... Calzaghe has simply never faced anyone with the pedigree of Bhop and will be stunned on fight night IMO.

The thing is EVERY fighter BHOP faces, is forced to fight at HIS PACE and out of their comfort zone. The Target for Calzaghe is to adapt and come to terms with BHOP's unique style, which IMHO Better fighters than Calzaghe have failed to do and been PUNISHED

I also think BHOP's KO Power is being massively under estimated for this fight. We all know Calzaghe's style means he is there to be taken out and also we know that BHOP is famed for his water-tight defence.

All those protected boys under Enzo Calzaghe.........Enzo Maccarinelli and Gavin Rees the moment they stepped up in class they were handed beatings, believe you me Joe Calzaghe is NEXT.

BHOP WIN BY 3 ROUND KO
That's a bit of a stretch IMO. There's no way Hopkins is going to KO Calzaghe in 3.

You should bet all your points on him.
Nah, I don't want to do that. I don't have that many points to begin with.

Haha maybe BHOP and the under... You don't wanna put all your eggs in on basket ;)
I don't like the under. I think this fight will go the distance.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The over is a guarenteed bet IMO. Both guys have showed great chins and don't get hit clean very often. I think il put 50k on Calzaghe come fight time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Calzaghe will win the fight Doc. I hate to say it, but I've been doing the same as you have, watching the fights. If Joe comes in 100% Bernard will lose barely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
While longshot lovers will blindly jump on Hopkins because of the value, we really can’t see Calzaghe going down here. His southpaw style figures to give Hopkins problems as does his stamina. Calzaghe also has the ability to switch it up and box Orthodox if need be. The power he packs with either fist is unrivaled in boxing. Honestly, Hopkins is getting a little too much respect with this line if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts