Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
question: is klitschko the best heavyweight?

sugar' answer: i don't give a dag on....he is terrible!

gotta love this grumpy old man:laugh: he was spot on regarding most fans not appreciating defense:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I love it, I love it, I love it. Bert is so RIGHT ON. He knows his stuff, you have to look at history to know how bad things have deteriorated.
O, how right you are. The fighters of today don't even come close to the fighters of yesteryear. I can't even think of a fighter today that would beat the best of the ones 20-30 years ago?:dunno:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
O, how right you are. The fighters of today don't even come close to the fighters of yesteryear. I can't even think of a fighter today that would beat the best of the ones 20-30 years ago?:dunno:
Floyd Mayweather.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
He acknowledged Mayweather, but scoffed at him comparing himself to Sugar Ray Robinson. Mayweather is no where near that caliber.

Also, Mayweather seems to be the only savior for boxing right now, that makes his case right there.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bert Sugar respects guys like Pea and De LaHoya pretty much.. even Lewis, but its clear he favors the old-timers for being the ones fighting the best throughout their whole careers.. I mean his top 10 heavyweight may be a little oldy but its good list

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Bert Sugar is ok. I favor guys like Nigel Collins over him any day. Also, the whole cigar thing is so freakin lame. Someone needs to tell him to light that shiit or lose it. Hey Bert, you ain't Hova man.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
SRL beat Duran the second time by moving. Floyd would breeze through Duran. Floyd is better at Whitaker's game than he is. I don't know about SRL-Mayweather. Those are my two favorites. SRL was so damn good it was unreal.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I disagree. I can't see him beating SRL, Witaker, Duran and on and on and on!
I think Floyd would win at welterweight.. at lightweight it would be much tougher, Duran was such a dominating force at lightweight, not to mention he was faster and stronger there

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I agree Mayweather would frustrate and beat Duran, But SRL would knock him out. Along with his fast hands he was offensive, and would beat him as he did Wilfred Benitez (one the best defensive fighters ever).

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I think Floyd would win at welterweight.. at lightweight it would be much tougher, Duran was such a dominating force at lightweight, not to mention he was faster and stronger there
Of course I am talking about these fighters at their best weights. And Duran would beat Floyd at LW. It would be a good fight but much like Castillo did the first fight, Duran would have done it even better.

Whitaker was the best defensive fighter I have ever seen. Never cared for him, but what he did to my favorite fighter Chavez was amazing. He would easily UD Floyd.

SRL I could see KOing Floyd at any weight. If not, it would be one-sided.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It must be hard to look at the present when your heart is stuck in the past. He still can't take off the hat. I only agree with one thing he said. The heavyweight division sucks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts