Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys see berto fitting into the welterweight picture should he win the wbc belt as expected in a couple of weeks? i think he needs to face the b-level fighters like collazo or cintron, then he can think about trying to unify.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think he got a good chance against anyone outside of Cotto, Margarito & Mosley. Williams would be difficult but Quintana showed hes beatable, the other guys such as Clottey, Collazo, Cintron etc are good but again, Berto has the ability to beat them.

If i was his management id face an average guy to get the first defense out of the way then one of the fringe guys such as Cintron/Collazo.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think he got a good chance against anyone outside of Cotto, Margarito & Mosley. Williams would be difficult but Quintana showed hes beatable, the other guys such as Clottey, Collazo, Cintron etc are good but again, Berto has the ability to beat them.

If i was his management id face an average guy to get the first defense out of the way then one of the fringe guys such as Cintron/Collazo.
i think he'll get the average guy out of the way when/if he wins the title. i say his first two defenses should be against collazo and cintron. if he really struggles with them then i'm sure they'll be a mismandatory waiting to be gobbled up.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Berto has really good power in both hands and he is rather quick for a stocky, musclebound guy. I don't think his chin or resiliency has been tested, but it would be against Cotto or Margarito. I'd like to see him and either Luis Collazo or Paul Williams for sure. I don't know anything about the guy Rodriguez that he'll be facing for the title, but I've heard he's not a pushover.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Berto is my boy but his lack of defense is like a ticking time bomb. If he doesn't fix that ASAP he'll get beat by any of the top welters and possibly KO'd. I'll give him one more shot and see how much he improved in the defense department in his next fight. If I don't like what I see I'm done with him.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Berto is my boy but his lack of defense is like a ticking time bomb. If he doesn't fix that ASAP he'll get beat by any of the top welters and possibly KO'd. I'll give him one more shot and see how much he improved in the defense department in his next fight. If I don't like what I see I'm done with him.
that's why i think he shouldn't take on any of the top tier welters. i think he should stay away from williams too.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
yup. I believe Berto could have had some serious problems with Estrada if he(Estrada) had a bigger punch to him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts