Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
"Andre Berto's mandatory defense of the WBC welterweight title against Luis Collazo is coming along. There is an agreement in principle between promoters Don King and Lou DiBella. The only issue holding up the deal from being finalized is coming from the Collazo side. Collazo wants more money and King is trying his best to keep the fight from crumbling. I still expect a deal to be reached sooner than later. The fight is almost a lock to land on HBO, with January 17 and January 31 as the two working dates.

DiBella would like to place WBC interim-junior middleweight champion Sergio Martinez in the co-feature position to Berto-Collazo."
-boxingscene.com

Well, it ain't no Berto/Mosley, but it's a good test for Berto nontheless. Probably the toughest of his young career.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
"Andre Berto's mandatory defense of the WBC welterweight title against Luis Collazo is coming along. There is an agreement in principle between promoters Don King and Lou DiBella. The only issue holding up the deal from being finalized is coming from the Collazo side. Collazo wants more money and King is trying his best to keep the fight from crumbling. I still expect a deal to be reached sooner than later. The fight is almost a lock to land on HBO, with January 17 and January 31 as the two working dates.

DiBella would like to place WBC interim-junior middleweight champion Sergio Martinez in the co-feature position to Berto-Collazo."
-boxingscene.com

Well, it ain't no Berto/Mosley, but it's a good test for Berto nontheless. Probably the toughest of his young career.
Yea Mosley went back to fighting Margarito...HBO stepped up to pay Margy the lil extra he wanted.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hell yes! I'm glad Collazo isn't getting shafted like always this time. I won't be surprised to see him stop Berto.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm excited to see Collazo back in a big fight. He's gotten the raw end of too many deals and he's a pretty rad dude, so I'll be rooting for him.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Yea Mosley went back to fighting Margarito...HBO stepped up to pay Margy the lil extra he wanted.

This actually works out better for both in my opinion. The SSM/Margy fight makes a terrific matchup, and Berto would have been overmatched against Mosley early on here in his career. The Collazo fight is a more manageable step up in class and will still be a tough fight :thumbsup:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
This actually works out better for both in my opinion. The SSM/Margy fight makes a terrific matchup, and Berto would have been overmatched against Mosley early on here in his career. The Collazo fight is a more manageable step up in class and will still be a tough fight :thumbsup:
Yup I agree.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts