Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that the Berto-Mosley fight has been agreed to and supposedly signed for. More info should come out later.

Because Shane has slowed down so much I expect this to be a decent scrap with Mosley coming away with a UD or late stoppage. Winnable fight for Berto unless Shane pulls out a great performance considering his age.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Wow, what a great fight to be made. I'm taking Berto by UD because I feel his aggresive nature will wear the older mosley down. Definently a toss up fight though. Mosley could very easily catch berto with something. Should be a war.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's anywhere near a toss up, but I could be wrong. The more I thikn about it the more I see Mosley beating the shitt out of Berto.

G

·
This is a huge fight for bother fighters. It's huge for Mosley because if he loses it'll probably be the last big fight of his illustrious career. However, if Mosley is able to win, it will once again prove that he's not done as a champion level fighter. It's a huge fight for Berto because if he loses it will prove that he's just not ready for the bigtime and it'll be a big step back in Berto's career. If Berto is able to beat Shane, it will instantly make him a PPV fighter, earning him a whole heap of money, along with the respect of many skeptics out there (myself included).

My money is on Mosley, 116-112 or somewhere in that range.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I think for the sake of Boxing, I'd prefer a Berto win. But I don't see it happening, he gets hit to easily and Mosley can hit you hard.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I think for the sake of Boxing, I'd prefer a Berto win. But I don't see it happening, he gets hit to easily and Mosley can hit you hard.
I agree, I think Berto's chin is ok though once he gets warmed up, I think he can pull out a UD over mosley.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I agree, I think Berto's chin is ok though once he gets warmed up, I think he can pull out a UD over mosley.
I think the good thing about Berto is that he has had a good fight in Forbes, who is a good fighter. I mean look at the way Berto adapted to Forbes style and pretty much dominated the fight. I think that Berto does have a good chance in the fight, it's that his defence lets him down to much and that's bad when you're facing a guy like Mosley.

·
Registered
445 Posts
mosley by KO 7

Berto is gonna find out that you actually have to earn that strap. You can't fight Mikki F'N rodriguez and get it handed to you because your boy floyd relinquished it. Finally, mosley will be the WBC ww champ again.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
mosley by KO 7

Berto is gonna find out that you actually have to earn that strap. You can't fight Mikki F'N rodriguez and get it handed to you because your boy floyd relinquished it. Finally, mosley will be the WBC ww champ again.
Floyd is Berto's boy? I was unaware they were good friends.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I can't pick a winner for this. Berto is one hell of a prospect. Mosley is going the be the slower man in the ring for the first time in his career. That's not something you can easily adjust to. Especially when Mosley's sparring partner's have always been bigger men. This fight is going to be a blockbuster, that's all I can say about it.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Mosley will beat Berto and possibly knock him out.
I think Mosley will stop him.

mosley by KO 7

Agreed Banky, great post.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Floyd is Berto's boy? I was unaware they were good friends.
they are. I don't remember what i was reading, but i'll look around. It wasn't just good timing when Floyd relinquished the title. He purposefully waited for Berto to grab it. He did have to fight for it, but i don't think any sane person would argue that Mikki Rodriguez had no business being in the ring for a vacant title.

Andre Berto, only WW champ to not face a top 20 WW. What a crock of ShYt.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
This is a huge fight for bother fighters. It's huge for Mosley because if he loses it'll probably be the last big fight of his illustrious career. However, if Mosley is able to win, it will once again prove that he's not done as a champion level fighter. It's a huge fight for Berto because if he loses it will prove that he's just not ready for the bigtime and it'll be a big step back in Berto's career. If Berto is able to beat Shane, it will instantly make him a PPV fighter, earning him a whole heap of money, along with the respect of many skeptics out there (myself included).

My money is on Mosley, 116-112 or somewhere in that range.
No it won't. Mosley has never been a viable A side in terms of PPV, nor the guys that have beaten him (Cotto already was). It will bring him recognition and make him a solid b side though. Nowadays, black fighters only sell if they're either a baller type (like a Mayweather) or a thug type (like a Kimbo), Berto is neither.
I think the good thing about Berto is that he has had a good fight in Forbes, who is a good fighter. I mean look at the way Berto adapted to Forbes style and pretty much dominated the fight. I think that Berto does have a good chance in the fight, it's that his defence lets him down to much and that's bad when you're facing a guy like Mosley.
I agree. I see Mosley taking Berto into deep waters and drowning him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No it won't. Mosley has never been a viable A side in terms of PPV, nor the guys that have beaten him (Cotto already was). It will bring him recognition and make him a solid b side though. Nowadays, black fighters only sell if they're either a baller type (like a Mayweather) or a thug type (like a Kimbo), Berto is neither.

I agree. I see Mosley taking Berto into deep waters and drowning him.
I agree with what I bolded up top. This is a fight that I will be really looking forward to. My kind of match up.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Sad but true...sad but true.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts