Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who sould be rated best 140 (lightwelterweight) fighter ever???

Kostya Tszyu and ricky hatton come to mind.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
sweet pea and chavez spring to mind to, i have chavez as my GOAT at 130 though and kostya is my GOAT at 140 for obvious reasons.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
kostya tsyu, dude could bench press twice his weight. Had awesome power and a stiff jab. Very hard to beat in his prime, and even at 35 he still ALMOST beat hatton. Hatton shouldnt even be in the talk of goat 140 pounder, at least not yet.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i agree hatton isnt quite the GOAT yet, but he beat the man that is and lance it was a convincing win to boot. hatton fights a legend and shoe in HOF'er next, another win or 2 like this and he's there with the best.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i had the fight dead even though when they stopped it. I agree hatton won the fight but it was awfully close. Yes hatton did beat the goat jr welter but the tszyu that fought hatton was not the goat tszyu. It was a 35 year old version.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mayweather never did anything at 140, so he shouldnt even be mentioned. 147/154 is where most of his big fights have happened, plus a few at 135. My knowledge doesnt go back far enough to really make a judgement.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
henry brussles and sharmba isnt quite a GOAT resume.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
once again tommy, no one mentioned mayweather, lad just popped his name in for no reason. no one said he was goat or not. But ill go ahead and say what i think. I think mayweather is a hard fighter to beat and he can beat all the elite guys, even more convincingly if he lets his hands go. as for goat, i think mayweather would of never lost at 135 pounds and would be a ko artest at that weight still.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tysonjones said:
once again tommy, no one mentioned mayweather, lad just popped his name in for no reason. no one said he was goat or not. But ill go ahead and say what i think. I think mayweather is a hard fighter to beat and he can beat all the elite guys, even more convincingly if he lets his hands go. as for goat, i think mayweather would of never lost at 135 pounds and would be a ko artest at that weight still.
i will say i disagre with you.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tysonjones said:
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
No comment;)
I guessed that he hinting at PBF with that statement. Anyways, read what i said it doesnt mean he has to have been mentioned.. it was simply ruling out PBF.

I dont think he would have been a knockout artist at any weight, perhaps if he let his hands go more but he just doesnt do that. Shane Mosley was a true knockout artist down at 135.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I wasn't hinting at Floyd. The no comment was to Tommy regarding Hatton. Floyd is not the best at 140.
Im sorry about that then, misread it:cheeky4: And yes, Hatton is not the best 140 ever.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol anywayz enough about hatton and mayweather, the best 140 pounder ever in their prime is kostya. no ifs ands or I like big Butts. lol sorry and im to lazy to even erase it.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Tszyu was good, but im surprised there isnt someone further back you boxing historians think is better:laugh: He was good but i think he was pretty beatable too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts