Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've often believed when a boxer disrobes he is the best conditioned athlete in the world. Maybe more so when the distance was 15 rounds as comapred to today, but I still think so. One buddy says a cyclist...(lance armstrong)to which I replied, if Lance could take a jab in the face every 10 seconds while on his bike, maybe.:laugh:

What do you guys think honestly and without bias to boxing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I have played every sport possible, and even road my bike alot in training for certain sports. But boxing overall is the hardest thing i have ever done. The training is grueling. If you do box, you know exactly what this is, if you dont, you have no idea. And trust me, until you start, you have no idea.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
You could be a professional athelete in any sport and be in tip top shape for that sport and I guarentee you that person couldnt last 3 minutes in a boxing ring. You would be laying down after that 3 minute sparring session dead, and most likely not from punches, from dead exhaustion.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Undoubtedly the wrong place to ask this. :rolleyes: I bet most people outside this forum would not pick boxing.

However, I believe you Tyson. Hard to argue with someone that's done it all.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I've done it all as well with the exception of GOLF, but there is no doubt boxing buries the competition.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Ehhh....I was kind of thinking that, but I played soccer and boxing requires much more IMO. It all depends on what kind of shape YOU want to get in.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
1. tennis.
2. soccer.
3. rugby
4. boxing.
5. swimming.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Rayman said:
alright now we got a good argument going. Is that serious Tommy?
it is IMO, some of those 5 set matches can last 6 hours.

there all phiscaly demanding sports though but just because boxing is my fav sport im not bias enough to think it takes the most training, those marathon runners musty surely be up there to, infact, all olympic runners probably have it harder than boxers.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
with more thought id say.....

1. athlete.
2. tennis.
3. soccer.
4. rugby.
5. boxing.
6. swimming.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Rowing is very very difficult. But you have to remember, all these sports are physically gruelling, but someone isnt punching you in the face in the other sports lol

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Rowing is very very difficult. But you have to remember, all these sports are physically gruelling, but someone isnt punching you in the face in the other sports lol
yeah, but anyone can take a punch, look at butterbean, he could take a mean shot but he's never gonna win athlete of the year is he...lol

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
you'd be surprised as to how many people can really take one hard punch straight to the face, no to many.

tennis, soccer, and rugby come no where near what a boxer goes through. Tito trinidad used to be a marathon runner and he even used to get tired in 36 minutes. yet he could run for 2 plus hours. do the math. boxing is by far the most grueling and punishing and best conditioned sport in the world.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
were talkign about well conditioned boxers. thats just like saying, all marathon runners are in tip top shape, some dont even last that first mile but they try. or tennis players who just go out to play but only play for 30 minutes or so. Its the same in every sport but out of all the sports, to be the best in boxing, you must train the harder than any other sport to be the best.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i think it is a very hard question in some ways, if u were a boxer and had never trained for , lets say soccer then i think they would be able to last longer than u on the field, but if u were a soccer plyer and had never trained for boxing, u wouldnt last in the ring, just diferent fitnesses, diferent ways of reserving energy, but if i had to say i would say boxing and tennis , mabye because u r on ur own and have no time to rest, as where soccer, footy and other team sports u do have rest because u arnt doing all the work

1 - 20 of 43 Posts