Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, been a lot of discussion the past few months regarding Joe Cortez, and what is and isn't allowed. For those who criticized Cortez, who would do a better job? Who do you think is currently the best referee in big fights? Who handles the pressure? I'll go for Kenny Bayless, never seen him be biased, generally gets it right :thumbsup:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
smoger. he let's the fight run it's course. No premature stoppages or waiting long enough for a figher to be injured. the guy's good.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Smoger is everyone's favorite referee due to Pavlik-Taylor. There are plenty of other referees who are just as good.

Bayless, Weeks, and Caiz are three good referees.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Smoger. He lets the fighters fight and doesn't stop them early.

One of my friends' dad is actually a referee, James Santa I think his name is. He reffed the Jones Develle fight

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Anybody that thinks Cortez is a bad ref, just watch the Rocky Balboa-Mason Dixon fight. That was awesome refereeing. That near every single ref would of stopped the fight when Balboa went down the second time. But Cortez let it go on. Balboa came back to drop Dixon in the same round. Outstanding job. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Anybody that thinks Cortez is a bad ref, just watch the Rocky Balboa-Mason Dixon fight. That was awesome refereeing. That near every single ref would of stopped the fight when Balboa went down the second time. But Cortez let it go on. Balboa came back to drop Dixon in the same round. Outstanding job. :thumbsup:
:laugh:

I bet Lance loved the movie because he hates Tarver.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Smoger. He lets the fighters fight and doesn't stop them early.

One of my friends' dad is actually a referee, James Santa I think his name is. He reffed the Jones Develle fight
I remember Santa. He did the Elvir Muriqi vs. Sam Ahmad fight on ESPN. That was a fukking war.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
OK, been a lot of discussion the past few months regarding Joe Cortez, and what is and isn't allowed. For those who criticized Cortez, who would do a better job? Who do you think is currently the best referee in big fights? Who handles the pressure? I'll go for Kenny Bayless, never seen him be biased, generally gets it right :thumbsup:
Best Refs ... Steve Smoger, Kenny Bayliss,Jerry McKenzie,Barry Yeats

Worst Refs... Joe Cortez, Wayne Kelly,Richard Steele

1 - 16 of 16 Posts