Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think had/has the best right hand ever to be caught on film. Marciano, Lennox, Hearns, Pavlik, or Chuck Liddell?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Who do you guys think had/has the best right hand ever to be caught on film. Marciano, Lennox, Hearns, Pavlik, or Chuck Liddell?

Who's Chuck Liddell? :laugh:

Theres one i can think of that blows all away, that was the right Hearns KO'd Duran with.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I'd sleep on Chuck Liddel, even UFC guys don't hit nearly as hard as most trained, pro boxers do.

For 1 punch KO power Marciano is probably top 3 of all time. Hearns had a great right hand for sure. He got fantastic leverage on it. Lewis's right hand was just flat out dangerous. Shavers should definately get a mention too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL at the Chuck Lidell addition.
I'd say none of those guys had the best right caught on film. But of the ones listed, lb for lb, either Pavlik or Hearns.
Listen, I've boxed competitively for most of my life, and I've probably seen at least a thousand fights in my life. I was actually in attendance when Chuck Liddell cold-cocked Kevin Randleman and I've NEVER seen ANYONE throw a right hand so hard with such disregard. Yes, his form is sloppy and not as tight as a skilled boxer puncher (he kinda loops it from side like a half hook and drills it forward) Its like a haymaker but more controlled. Listen, these guys are not boxers, but they do train for some boxing and definitely train the neck muscles to take punches. There is no reason to discount their jaws as weaker than that of a boxer's even. Granted, they wear virtually no glove, but Liddell just DESTROYS guys with one punch. I've never seen a 205 lb get starched like that in my life!!!

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Definitely Cory Spinks.
if you slow down video footage of him I actually saw him hit a fly resting on his opponets chin. Needless to say the fighter and the fly were not harmed in the incident.

ANd I say Kelly, I stand behind his right being a lethal weapon

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Fukk Chuck Lidell. He would get smashed in a boxing ring
I would take the smashing over the fukking any day.

Yeah but there have been alot of great right hands trough history altho in recent memory Lewis right hand was just brutal.

I actually think that Wlad has one of the most dangerous right hands in boxing today.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Fukk Chuck Lidell. He would get smashed in a boxing ring
:thumbsup:All the way!!!

On top of which and please correct me if I am wrong but;

Is this or is this not a boxing forum?

If it is a boxing forum and a question has been asked about right hand punches, I presume that it is correct to think of those throw by protagonists in a boxing ring?

Rhetorical question of course.

So in sumation;

Fukk Chuck Lidell!!!!!!:cheeky4:

P.S

Otherwise maybe I can talk about the time I punched someone down a flight of stairs at a party and say that right hand was massive.

Or maybe we can talk about some fight I some in a friggin alleyway Huh?:laugh:

Dribbling words into infinity;

If you discount the lack of gloves and the lack of pure trained punch power and if you discount the fact that boxers have greater training to avoid wild punches than MMA fighters, and if you discount the fact that Boxers have greater training in taking or rolling with head shots, and if you discount the training is more specific for taking and throwing punches......ad infinitum :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
My mother also hits pretty hard, neither wear boxing gloves and in fact neither are boxers. So remind me what's the point you are trying to make on this BOXING FORUM (area dedicate to the sport of boxing) again?

I also hit a very hard overhead smash in tennis, keep that in mind when coming up with your answer:laugh::cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts