Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously boxing has had some great boxers, as well as street fighters, so lets talk about them. Some of the best are Roberto Duran, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Earnie Shavers, Zab Judah, Jake LaMotta, Marvin Hagler, and Sonny Liston. Obviously Holmes had his famous street fight with Berbick after the first fight of Holmes's comeback in the 90's. At the post fight press conference, Larry was talking, and Berbick called him out. Larry dismissed that, and Berbick started talking smack about Holmes's wife and kids. So Larry took him out side, beat the piss out of him, and when it was broken up, Berbick started running his mouth, so Larry jumped over a car and kicked him in the face with a flying jump kick :laugh: . Then Larry's trainer and my trainer joined the fight, and helped Larry fend off the guards, and beat Berbick. But instead my trainer accidentaly got Larry's trainer in a head lock (it was a dog pile, you don't know who's who) and started punching him in the face.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lennox Lewis is pretty good at just stand up, punching street fights, but when it gets to the shoving and wrestling, he falls a little short.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
Obviously boxing has had some great boxers, as well as street fighters, so lets talk about them. Some of the best are Roberto Duran, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Earnie Shavers, Zab Judah, Jake LaMotta, Marvin Hagler, and Sonny Liston. Obviously Holmes had his famous street fight with Berbick after the first fight of Holmes's comeback in the 90's. At the post fight press conference, Larry was talking, and Berbick called him out. Larry dismissed that, and Berbick started talking smack about Holmes's wife and kids. So Larry took him out side, beat the piss out of him, and when it was broken up, Berbick started running his mouth, so Larry jumped over a car and kicked him in the face with a flying jump kick :laugh: . Then Larry's trainer and my trainer joined the fight, and helped Larry fend off the guards, and beat Berbick. But instead my trainer accidentaly got Larry's trainer in a head lock (it was a dog pile, you don't know who's who) and started punching him in the face.
ive seen the holmes clip on youtube bill, its awesome, berbik had no right calling a fighter in larrys class out. lol

former british title challenger paul "scrap iron" ryan was a heluve street fighter in his day i heard, he had earth shatering power in the ring but the whiskers were a bit on the fragile side.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TommyGunn said:
ive seen the holmes clip on youtube bill, its awesome, berbik had no right calling a fighter in larrys class out. lol

LOL, thats what Larry told Berbick when he got annoying, and thats when Berbick moved on to talking smack about Holmes's wife and kids...a mistake he never made again for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well for some reasons ive not seen alot of boxers in streetfights and if so there are usually about hundred people trying to break it up (Lewis vs Tyson for example) But you could imagine and i think Lewis, Duran, Hagler, Lamotta, cotto, Liston, Marciano and problaby Valuev because lets face it if he would be albe to hold and push like in MMA he would be pretty devistating and ofc you have to be able to jump pretty high to do any damage(unless you go for the Bangkok :D)

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot Marciano, he was a real tough SOB on the streets.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i dont know anything about this fighters childhood so i may be horrible wrong, but for some reason i see Mayorga being a good street fighter. Iron chin and wide wild punches... sounds like a street fighter to me

·
Baddest Man On The Planet
332 Posts
good choice meltdown.

mayorga had a tough childhood and his style is boxing style is street fighting, you can see it in his pro fights the way he fights.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I say Marvelous Marvin Hagler, he has the soul of a warrior whether inside the ring or out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts