Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been boxing and working out for a while now taking muscle milk and hmb but i havent seen as much improvement as i was expecting, whats the best supplement to take thats most effective in gaining muscle

·
Registered
841 Posts
ive been boxing and working out for a while now taking muscle milk and hmb but i havent seen as much improvement as i was expecting, whats the best supplement to take thats most effective in gaining muscle
Well first off at what times have you been drinking your Muscle milk??? Second, don't expect any significant muscle gain from HMB. HMB aids in muscle repair after working out or in other words prevents the catabolic break down of muscle and sometimes reducing the risk of injury. So basically HMB helps keep muscle on but little muscle gain can be expected which results in leaner muscle more than more muscle mass.

·
Registered
841 Posts
ohh well that makes sence, i just finished my muscle milk ive been taking it in the mornings and before going to the gym, now im looking for something better
Ok, you should be taking it within an hour or so AFTER your workout for the best results. Muscle milk is some of the best stuff, I'd stick with it if what your looking at is any more expensive.

·
Registered
841 Posts
anyone know if creatine is any good
If your looking to advance in boxing, no it's not necessary, it will slow you down and make you to sluggish and bulky. If your looking to get bigger or "swole" it would probably do the trick. I honestly don't really like the stuff because I consider it kind of cheating, but it works. The monohydrate kind I know for a fact from my football days will make you bigger. It promotes water retention in your muscles making them bigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts