Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering waht everyone thought to be the best weigh-in bust up.

i love to see a weigh-in turn into a scrap, it makes the fight more interesting as there is even more reason for the guys in the ring to bust each other up.

one of my favourites is obviously the tyson vs. lewis bust up that was quite comical especially the fact that tyson took a chunk out of lewis' leg.

another being, hopkins vs. winky wirght.

:laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
The Hopkins-Winky one was set up to sell tickets. Before that little bit of information came out, Teddy Atlas called it perfectly. Fighters don't let other fighters get that close unless it's to sell tickets and something was set up.

But anyway. Riddick Bowe's had a few. I think he even hit Larry Donald with a beutiful 1-2 at the weigh in.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Sam Peter and James Toney had a nice one before their first fight, I believe. Mostly just verbal sparring between the fighters and their handlers, but it was entertaining stuff. The Mayorga/Vargas pre-fight formalities turned out to be much more exciting than the actual bout.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
hahaha, larry holmes cracks me up, no fukking about,

'i can't get near him...........wait i know......... fukk it i'll run over this car dropkick the cnut!'

:laugh::laugh:
:laugh: About 10 minutes before that Larry tracked him down outside the hotel where it took place and beat him. Apparently he punched him a few times which dropped Berbick, and Larry kicked him on the ground. Then we all saw what happened after Berbick ran his mouth again.:laugh: I thought it was funny seeing Berbick getting pulled up and dragged off.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The one that made me laugh most was when Hamed and Eubank were on the same card and it blew up. Brendan Ingle made me LMAO!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I remember Hamed screaming some **** in the Calzaghe/Eubanks fight and Eubanks said "shut up Naseem".
No he didn't he shouted: thut up Natheem. :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Not much to it really, the Ingles lived around the corner. Just got into a scrap one day and he put Ingle on the deck. His brother must have told me the story at least a hundred times but I can't really remember much detail. Pity he didn't carry on boxing though, ended up wrestling for Ireland in the olympics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts