Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I alone or would you also rather have seen a Paul Williams vs. Pavlik fight as opposed to Hopkins? I think Paul Williams' body would be a great fit at middleweight and quite frankly, after beating Margarito and avenging his loss to Quintana in 1 quick easy round I think he's a force to be reckoned with. I think he's back to being the fighter that nobody wants to face.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I rather have seen that fight too. It proved less but it would have been a way better fight and ended in a late round KO or a one sided beatdown(for Pavlik). IMO Hopkins will get knocked out or close to being knocked out (at least), I seem to be alone in that thinking. This will not be nearly as good a fight but it will Pavlik's performance will mean way more in the grand scheme of things.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I rather have seen that fight too. It proved less but it would have been a way better fight and ended in a late round KO or a one sided beatdown(for Pavlik). IMO Hopkins will get knocked out or close to being knocked out (at least), I seem to be alone in that thinking. This will not be nearly as good a fight but it will Pavlik's performance will mean way more in the grand scheme of things.
We all know B-Hop too well...he will put on his track shoes before getting KO'ed

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
the hopkins fight obviously means more for Kelly's career but I just thought Kelly wouldn't bother with guys like Hopkins and Jones because of their age. yes I know he's not fighting Jones but hopefully you know what I mean. Kelly's the face of boxing now and should continue to prove himself atleast with opponents more his age even if it is Bernard Hopins. as far Williams being a better choice, atleast Hopkins is a decent name to have on Kelly's resume.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
the hopkins fight obviously means more for Kelly's career but I just thought Kelly wouldn't bother with guys like Hopkins and Jones because of their age. yes I know he's not fighting Jones but hopefully you know what I mean. Kelly's the face of boxing now and should continue to prove himself atleast with opponents more his age even if it is Bernard Hopins. as far Williams being a better choice, atleast Hopkins is a decent name to have on Kelly's resume.
True and I think B-Hop will make Pav "box" more instead of just fighting. Pav will learn alot in this fight. But like what I always say "Youth+skill> age+skill" and that is true for the most part. B-Hop will always be in tremendous shape but every punch he eats will feel like 4 because of father time. Pav wouldn't stand a chance against a primed B-Hop but B-Hop now....just like RJ vs. Pav...will be favored towards the younger guy. But I'm rooting for B-Hop and RJ because the old school isn't done just yet. James Toney, B-Hop, and RJ will rise! :laugh:

·
Registered
772 Posts
i think this is a good fight for pavlik to take, he will learn a lesson in how to chase b-hop around the ring, and how to go down for 10 minutes for a pathetic low blow claim.

pavlik will win this fight but he'll be chasing b-hop all night.

b-hop will never get knocked out, he'll just turn his dinosaur head down and run from corner to corner.

b-hop should have retired years ago.

i've never been a fan of b-hop and i'll be hoping pavlik can KTFO of b-hop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts