Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Pick one...

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biggest Handpicker in boxing history ( RJJ or PBF )

We all know the best boxers of all time ( SRR, Ali, SRL, Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Arguello, etc. ) were confident enough to take on the best opponents even when there were weight missmatches, cuz they were real men/fighters and cared about their pride and the fans.

Other BUm hunters based their careers on hanpicking beatable opponents while putting up excuses for not to fight the best opponents ( Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather )

Who do you think is the biggest BUM hunter ?

RJJ or Floyd ?

Discuzz

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Hatton ? LMAO man he went to a weightclass he sucked at to face Floyd. Floyd handpicked him cuz he knew how garbage he was from the Collazo fite.

BTW Floyd said Cotto has no business fighting him cuz he doesn't have the fanbase, so what about Baldo ? LOL

Calzaghe ? He can be mentiones but not a top handpicker like RJJ or Chicken Floyd

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^ Hatton ? LMAO man he went to a weightclass he sucked at to face Floyd. Floyd handpicked him cuz he knew how garbage he was from the Collazo fite.

BTW Floyd said Cotto has no business fighting him cuz he doesn't have the fanbase, so what about Baldo ? LOL

Calzaghe ? He can be mentiones but not a top handpicker like RJJ or Chicken Floyd
Lets see Cal knocked out Mario Veit in 1 round. Than fought him again. It's Cal by a landslide.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Everyone knows how I feel about Floyd Mayweather's choice of opposition, so he gets low marks for not taking on all comers.

I don't think Ricky Hatton belongs in this thread.

Roy Jones, on the other hand, did face weak opposition, but that was more a result of the field just not having the quality of talent out there during his reign, especially at light heavy. That, and the opponents looked pretty week because he was so freakishly good and toying with them.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Everyone knows how I feel about Floyd Mayweather's choice of opposition, so he gets low marks for not taking on all comers.

I don't think Ricky Hatton belongs in this thread.

Roy Jones, on the other hand, did face weak opposition, but that was more a result of the field just not having the quality of talent out there during his reign, especially at light heavy. That, and the opponents looked pretty week because he was so freakishly good and toying with them.
Most of the guys that RJ fought was sound vets that had skill over athleticism...no one had the answer for RJ's speed...simply put. No one mentions guys like Virgil Hill who RJ destroyed with a bombing shot to the ribs. And that's just one example...the cop that RJ destroyed...yes that was terrible but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's still the greatest of our era. How is someone going to point out RJ's opposition but not claim that Calzaghe has a flawed resume? The first fighter he's ever fought on the P4P list was B-Hop at 43 :rolleyes: nuff said...

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Most of the guys that RJ fought was sound vets that had skill over athleticism...no one had the answer for RJ's speed...simply put. No one mentions guys like Virgil Hill who RJ destroyed with a bombing shot to the ribs. And that's just one example...the cop that RJ destroyed...yes that was terrible but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's still the greatest of our era. How is someone going to point out RJ's opposition but not claim that Calzaghe has a flawed resume? The first fighter he's ever fought on the P4P list was B-Hop at 43 :rolleyes: nuff said...

I have a question Why didnt Jones fight Benn, McClellan, Darius M etc instead of the cop and the garbage collector he destroyed?????

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I have a question Why didnt Jones fight Benn, McClellan, Darius M etc instead of the cop and the garbage collector he destroyed?????
Calzaghe really didn't bother to fight any of them either...McClellan was RJ's best friend...and the rest of them are foreigners who didn't want to come to America to fight RJ...its kinda easy to figure that one out if you think about it...

1 - 20 of 266 Posts