Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Whos the Biggest Puncher in the game then?

• Manny Pacquiao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kelly Pavlik

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Wladimir Klitschko

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Edison Miranda

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Daniel Ponce De Leon

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Mikkel Kessler

• Sam Peter

• Kermit Cintron

• Miguel Cotto

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Someone Else, who?

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering who do you guys have as the biggest puncher in the game, p4p of course

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
If we're talking about a devastator the likes of Mike Tyson, the one guy that comes some what close to it, if you can call it that is Klisthcko who ever he nails solidly will go to sleep, besides him some body would have to convince me.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That's hard to answer because there are different kinds of power punchers. Miguel Cotto is by far the best what I like to call, "wear down" punchers in the sport but then you got guys like Kermit Cintron who, when they land, opponents will fall. Samuel Peter doesn't land right most of the timeso I wouldn't vote for him. Then you got guys like Pac-Man who combine speed with power to give the illusion they are devastating when they are really flashy power punchers and not so much devastating punchers. Klitsko doesn't rely on his punching power for the most part so I wouldn't call him a pure power puncher, and the list goes on.

All in all, I'd say it's a toss up between the likes between Kelly Pavlik, Kermit Cintron and Miranda who is all about power.

My vote: Kermit Cintron because he's the true "Either get KO'd or KO" fighter. He's the true KO man.

I'd put Randall "The Knock out King" Bailey up there as well. He's obviously the most powerfull puncher at 140lbs along side Ricardo Torres. A fight between those two could be explosive.

May I ask, what is Edwin Valero not doing up there as well? LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
^^^Personally, I think Valero's record flatters him, there are others who hit harder p4p.^^^

My votes for second and third are Vic Darchinyan and Rafael Marquez but IMO no-one out their hits harder than Daniel Ponce DeLeon. The guy is devastingly destructive. His fists could crack stone. Forget his fight on the Mayweather-Hatton undercard, that was a poor preformance, granted but he is a hard hitter.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I voted for Pavlik imo he packs the biggest punch of the group his right hand is really devistating.

Wlad, Miranda, Kessler and Cintron should be mentioned aswell.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
He can't fight. His defense sucks. And any decent boxer would beat him. But De Leon has sick power. The best of all the fighters listed.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Im going with Pavlik too.

He's the hardest puncher in boxing P4P.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It is Klitschko or De Leon, and that's the end of it.

The Ring did a top ten P4P list like this and Pavlik was number 8 I believe. Klit was #1 and I can't remember #2. I'll have to check. They based theirs partially on KO% though, which I believe is a fair way to do it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just a few quick suggestions.

David Haye. Awesome power, precision and speed (for a big man). Plus the only reason he doesn't have a 100% knockout ratio was that he wanted the fight to last 12 rounds to test his stamina.

Herbie Hide. 42 wins, 41 knockouts. And all his losses by knockout. You don't get much more power puncher-esque than that.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's hard to answer because there are different kinds of power punchers. Miguel Cotto is by far the best what I like to call, "wear down" punchers in the sport but then you got guys like Kermit Cintron who, when they land, opponents will fall. Samuel Peter doesn't land right most of the timeso I wouldn't vote for him. Then you got guys like Pac-Man who combine speed with power to give the illusion they are devastating when they are really flashy power punchers and not so much devastating punchers. Klitsko doesn't rely on his punching power for the most part so I wouldn't call him a pure power puncher, and the list goes on.

All in all, I'd say it's a toss up between the likes between Kelly Pavlik, Kermit Cintron and Miranda who is all about power.

My vote: Kermit Cintron because he's the true "Either get KO'd or KO" fighter. He's the true KO man.

I'd put Randall "The Knock out King" Bailey up there as well. He's obviously the most powerfull puncher at 140lbs along side Ricardo Torres. A fight between those two could be explosive.

May I ask, what is Edwin Valero not doing up there as well? LOL
Well, I mean the strongest/hardest punch p4p speaking. not the best puncher (wich I believe is Pavliks case) , the strongest.

I voted in miranda btw

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I think out of all the punchers, peters and klit clearly hit the hardest by a long shot, but p4p speaking, its pavlik or miranda.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
He can't fight. His defense sucks. And any decent boxer would beat him. But De Leon has sick power. The best of all the fighters listed.
I'm going with De Leon as well. I loved the way he knocked Rey Bautista out

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Pavlik or Haye.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I think miranda hits harder than pavlik with one punch. I've rarely seen pavlik knock a guy out with 1 single punch. He's an accumulative power puncher. Miranda can knock a guy out with one punch.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pavlik for leverage.
Mayweather for placement.
Cotto for power over time/volume.
Pac Man for more power on every shot.
Judah for low blows.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts